5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy. My first RAM. 5.7 HEMI. Excited! Came from F150.

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
Hi all. I'd like to introduce myself. I just bought a loaded 2022 BigHorn and I'm loving this truck.
I used to drive a 2016 F150 before.

I was THIS close to getting a 2023 Tundra but I liked Ram's ride better. So much smoother. And in some strange way, the Tundra felt cheap inside to me but the Ram feels like a genuine American truck.

Some observations compared to my old F150:
1. The side mirrors are 500% more useful. You really have to have a blind side monitor in the F150, but I could get by without one in the Ram because the mirrors are bigger and shaped better and extend further from the cab. They do their job.
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this powertrain combo. Wow it's incredible. ZF8 is awesome.
3. I love the HEMI. I can't believe I waited this long to get one.
4. Ram has noticeably bigger back seat than the Tundra. And it is bigger than the F150 or anything else in the market. This was a big selling point for me.
5. I loved the looks of the F150 but didn't enjoy driving it because the rear end hopped a lot. It just never felt planted. And the ride was rough. But I love the ride of the Ram and I enjoy driving it a lot.
6. Did I say I love the HEMI?
7. The front end of the Ram is growing on me and I love the way it looks. I have the sport and LED lighting package. Looks sharp.
8. I thought the truck had keyless entry, but it doesn't. Feels like a bait and switch. I can't believe Chrysler left this feature out. I'm not going to pay 5k+ more for a Laramie just to get keyless entry.
9. The 8.4 inch screen is big enough for me and it's fast. Loving the wireless car play.
10. I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't turn off the auto start stop. It's so seamless on this car. I used to turn it off on the Ford.
I1. The steering wheel is a lot more comfortable than the F150, at least for me.

I still like the F150 a lot too and if both were the same price, I still might have went for the F150. But BigHorn is where the value is at right now of all the trucks. You can't beat it. Besides, the Hemi/ZF8 combo is much much superior to Ford's V8/10spd combo. Ford V8 has high compression and the 10spd that they co-developed with GM, I still don't trust it. ZF8 over a Ford transmission thousand times out of a thousand.
Thanks for reading.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can add passive entry yourself. And many other factory stuff. I've added that, rain sensing wipers, ACC, and surround view cameras.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came from a 13 F-150.
No regrets. Glad you made it to this side of the aisle.

Dewey

Reaction score
Welcome. Glad you finally came over from the dark side.😁

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
You can add passive entry yourself. And many other factory stuff. I've added that, rain sensing wipers, ACC, and surround view cameras.
just one example

vincentw56

Reaction score
Wow for real? How do you add passive entry??

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

HemiDude

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! I'm with you on the Ram AS/S vs the Ford- every time I drive my wife's Explorer I think "Why, just why". I agree with the other points you listed as well, other than I fixed the lack of keyless entry on my Big Horn by trading it for a Laramie :ROFLMAO: - but there were other options I wanted so it made sense for me. Here's to years more of loving your Ram 🍻

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! I'm with you on the Ram AS/S vs the Ford- every time I drive my wife's Explorer I think "Why, just why". I agree with the other points you listed as well, other than I fixed the lack of keyless entry on my Big Horn by trading it for a Laramie :ROFLMAO: - but there were other options I wanted so it made sense for me. Here's to years more of loving your Ram 🍻
Nice. I’d have loved to have gotten the Laramie but the discounts on the big horn were just so much bigger and it was hard to find a Laramie with the panoramic sunroof for some reason. And they had 0% financing on the bighorns. But oh man I need to do the proximity key mod.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Nice. I’d have loved to have gotten the Laramie but the discounts on the big horn were just so much bigger and it was hard to find a Laramie with the panoramic sunroof for some reason. And they had 0% financing on the bighorns. But oh man I need to do the proximity key mod.
It seems the best incentives are always on the Big Horn. So you got the pano roof, then? My wife and grandsons all really like it

Hokie-ram

Reaction score
It seems the best incentives are always on the Big Horn. So you got the pano roof, then? My wife and grandsons all really like it
I sure did get the pano roof. It was a must have item for me. Non negotiable. I didn’t need to have the 12 inch screen but had to have the pano roof. That’s why I didn’t even look at the GM trucks. But the Hemi and the ZF8 is the best power train no questions asked. I’m really liking my new RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread