5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy here - asking dumb questions! Come have a laugh!

Knottfrank

Reaction score
Hello! I just got myself a brand new 2021 Rebel this past weekend and love it. I was driving an old ‘09 RAV4 that had repairs that were about twice the cost of the car. I live in Texas and wanted a truck and saw the Rebel and fell in love! I do minor off roading but this will help at the hunting properties and such as well.

However it’ll mainly be a daily driver. I read some reviews of earlier models (eg 2019) and sounded like the Rebel was the perfect median between the two. My question that I didn’t think of before I got it is parking in parking garages. I’ll get used to back in parking and but what about parking garages? You smart gentlemen have any issues driving into these not-so-truck-friendly buildings? I read the height is roughly just below 80” so at 6.5ft things would be tight but not impossible?

Thanks!

Awood05

Reaction score
You just have to be aware of the posted height before pulling in. If you have the Pano roof, it is convenient for keeping an eye on the top of your cab.

FishOn

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I do a TON of work in the downtown areas (LOTS of parking structures) and between my 6" lifted 1500 and my RAM 2500 4x4 work truck, I come across very few instances that are impossible. Quite a few these days have spots they reserve for big trucks/work trucks/etc.

Knottfrank

Reaction score
Many thanks fellas. It’ll just get some getting used to!

I’ve been reading a number of things on this forum over the last few days. How easy would it be to install some options that didn’t come with the truck? I am thinking air suspension (even though I just was worried about clearance), that HUD, and maybe even a bed step (that one looks pretty easy to install).

What about Leer bed caps? Like the idea of driving out somewhere on a trail and car camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online