5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy from Utah

Eagleone

Reaction score
I've been lurking on here for a bit as I do a crap ton of research while searching out my new truck. I was tossing around between a 1500 and 2500, after a few months decided the 1500 is going to be the right truck for me. I'm kind of in a middle ground as far a towing goes I've got a 6,200 lbs trailer dry, 8,500 fully loaded so either can do it. Obviously the diesel is better suited but I also like comfort and don't want it to be a pain to park in my garage or get too close to my other car while in the garage ( other car is a '69 Roadrunner). Having said that I'm looking for a '19 1500 laramie w/ etorque and 3.92 gears. Once I get it I need to post a video on youtube, it seems nobody has one on there for how she tows.

My current truck is a 2012 Nissan Titan, I actually love the truck but when I back into spots with my trailer she heats up. The 5.6 Nissan motor just doesn't have the power to push in reverse at 317 hp 385 lb ft of torque.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Welcome! Do you by chance run a dinner cruise boat on the great salt lake?

Super random i know but check out my post on the general orders discussion thread and you'll see why I'm laughing right now!

Love the '69 roadrunner and a Nissan converter!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've been lurking on here for a bit as I do a crap ton of research while searching out my new truck. I was tossing around between a 1500 and 2500, after a few months decided the 1500 is going to be the right truck for me. I'm kind of in a middle ground as far a towing goes I've got a 6,200 lbs trailer dry, 8,500 fully loaded so either can do it. Obviously the diesel is better suited but I also like comfort and don't want it to be a pain to park in my garage or get too close to my other car while in the garage ( other car is a '69 Roadrunner). Having said that I'm looking for a '19 1500 laramie w/ etorque and 3.92 gears. Once I get it I need to post a video on youtube, it seems nobody has one on there for how she tows.

My current truck is a 2012 Nissan Titan, I actually love the truck but when I back into spots with my trailer she heats up. The 5.6 Nissan motor just doesn't have the power to push in reverse at 317 hp 385 lb ft of torque.
Welcome to the forums!

Eagleone

Reaction score
Welcome! Do you by chance run a dinner cruise boat on the great salt lake?

Super random i know but check out my post on the general orders discussion thread and you'll see why I'm laughing right now!

Love the '69 roadrunner and a Nissan converter!

Haha, no Salt Lake dinner cruises for me. I'll check out that thread.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the 2500/1500 debacle. Please do share pics of the RoadRunner.

Awesome

Thanks for joining us

Users who are viewing this thread