5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy, 1st RAM(Central Mass)

reidcc

Reaction score
Hello All-
I guess I qualify to be a Mass-hole, as I am from Massachusetts. I've lurked for a while now, as I do NOT own a RAM. I currently have a 2016 Colorado Ext Cab Z71, and just never could warm up to it.

My choices for new Trucks-
a new GMC Sierra Elevation edition Double Cab
a new Chevy Silverado RST Double Cab
a new RAM Quad Cab

The Elevation model I wanted and drove got sold. I want a specific configuration...Convenience Package with Buckets, Preferred package, X31 suspension, and 5.3 and its gotta be Silver or Grey. Nothing near me any more.

I drove the Chevy RST model with the exact same configuration, except it had leather. It was good, but I can't stand the butt ugly front end. This is the only one I actually got a price with trade on, and a 51K truck, minus 3500 rebate, 3000 Educator discount from GM, and 24K for my truck brings me to almost 21K and my truck. Happy with the deal.

However- I have not driven a RAM yet, but I am in LOVE with the subdued beauty of the Ceramic Grey Built To Serve Edition. I can find 4 Gray Crew Cabs within 150 miles in my configuration(5.7, Bighorn Lvl 2), but I really want the longer bed of the Quad Cab. Just TRY to find a Quad Cab version...

I looked at Sport versions on-line in the lighter colors, but the Chrome wheels just didn't do it for me. The Midnight versions look a bit better, but I'd prefer a Silver...again hard to find.
My searching has been using the locator on the RAM.com website.

The search continues...

Thanks-
Chris

nburd

Reaction score
Hello All-
I guess I qualify to be a Mass-hole, as I am from Massachusetts. I've lurked for a while now, as I do NOT own a RAM. I currently have a 2016 Colorado Ext Cab Z71, and just never could warm up to it.

a new RAM Quad Cab

The Elevation model I wanted and drove got sold. I want a specific configuration...Convenience Package with Buckets, Preferred package, X31 suspension, and 5.3 and its gotta be Silver or Grey. Nothing near me any more.

I drove the Chevy RST model with the exact same configuration, except it had leather. It was good, but I can't stand the butt ugly front end. This is the only one I actually got a price with trade on, and a 51K truck, minus 3500 rebate, 3000 Educator discount from GM, and 24K for my truck brings me to almost 21K and my truck. Happy with the deal.

However- I have not driven a RAM yet, but I am in LOVE with the subdued beauty of the Ceramic Grey Built To Serve Edition. I can find 4 Gray Crew Cabs within 150 miles in my configuration(5.7, Bighorn Lvl 2), but I really want the longer bed of the Quad Cab. Just TRY to find a Quad Cab version...

I looked at Sport versions on-line in the lighter colors, but the Chrome wheels just didn't do it for me. The Midnight versions look a bit better, but I'd prefer a Silver...again hard to find.

The search continues...

Thanks-
Chris
Best of luck. I bought from Allen Mello in Nashua, NH. Drive one, you will love it.

nburd

Reaction score
Hello All-

a new RAM Quad Cab

The search continues...

Thanks-
Chris
Hello All-

a new RAM Quad Cab

The search continues...

Thanks-
Chris
I too was looking at a Chevy, 2020 LTZ crew for $42k at my local Chevy dealer. I Test drove on a Saturday and Sunday stopped in while the dealer was closed to give it the once over. Crawling under it, it was spotless and factory new but I noticed a lot of bare exposed steel on the frame. I then crawled under the RST crew beside it that was on the lot since winter, and the frame was starting to rust in many areas due to the failing frame wax. At that point I decided to focus shopping for a Ford or Ram.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum , I’d suggest test driving the Chevy , GMC and the Ram back to back and see which one suits you better .

reidcc

Reaction score
I drove the Sierra Elevation back in early August, and drove the Silverado RST earlier this month. I drove my first RAM this afternoon. I was originally going to head to Brunswick Maine, as the only Quad Cab, Ceramic Gray Built to Serve Edition in the entire northeast was located there. For me it was a 2 1/2 hr ride each way.

I stopped in Lowell at 495 CJDR first, as they has 4 loaded up Quad Cab Sport...2 in Black and 2 in White. I took a White one out, and was amazed with the quiet and isolation in the cab, and the lack of any suspension "flutter" on rough highway. Both the Chevy and the GMC models I drove had the twin tube Rancho Z71, or X31 package, and on some rough patches of interstate I'd get front wheel flutter upon hitting some expansion joints, as well as door movement that you could hear fairly loudly...almost as if the latches were not tight. No such noises or flutter on the RAM.

The RAM was optioned out a bit more that either the GMC or the Chevy...they both had buckets/console/suspension packages, and the preferred package for better Bose and Sirius XM. The Chevy had leather as well.

The RAM was almost $3K more than the Silverado as the RAM has the Sport package, the 20 inch Chrome wheels, Level 2 Option, 5.7 Hemi, Moonroof, Alpine and the 12" NAV Screen...$52850 total. I'm getting it for 22K and my Colorado...pick it up Tuesday!

Now I need to get it Rhinolined and find wheel to wheel steps. I have Westin ProTrax 4 in stainless on my Colorado, I might see about ProTrax 5 in black this time. The RAM lettering in front fender or door is in Chrome, I will need to get that done in WHITE.

I had hoped to qualify for more than the typical $5K in rebates, as there was a Conquest GM $2K rebate for any GM, but was told that has expired.

Thx
Chris

IMG_20200919_131902.jpg IMG_20200919_132005.jpg

Last edited:

peeceejay

Reaction score
I'm not sure where in Central MA you are - I'm right by Gardner. I got a dark grey, night edition 2020 laramie a month back. Ended up heading down to Weymouth (Good Brothers) to get mine, as they happened to have exactly what I was looking for on the lot, and my local (Salvador) would have to order it in / get it new.

My buddy got a 2020 Silverado at the same time, and having driven them back to back, he has a few toys I do not (digital rear view mirror, HUD, multi-function tailgate), but I prefer the way the RAM drives considerably. It's much more comfortable.

reidcc

Reaction score
I am in Fitchburg. I spoke with the guys at Bouchard, as I've bought last 4 vehicles from them, and asked if they would try getting the Quad Cab BTS model from Maine, but dealer in Maine would not budge. I was on my way up there today- but had just driven 3 hours this AM coming home from Truro, and gave up. I knew 495 in Lowell had the Sport models, so I stopped.
Enjoy your Night Edition! I saw one at Cumby's in N Leominster during last weekend, guy got it from Bouchards and was filling it for first time...sharp looking vehicle in dark grey.

Chris

I'm not sure where in Central MA you are - I'm right by Gardner. I got a dark grey, night edition 2020 laramie a month back. Ended up heading down to Weymouth (Good Brothers) to get mine, as they happened to have exactly what I was looking for on the lot, and my local (Salvador) would have to order it in / get it new.

targetpanic

Reaction score
Small World. I live in Phillipston and bought my Ceramic Gray 2020 Quad Cab BTS edition from 495 CJDR at the end of August. I fell in love the minute I saw the truck. They were very good to deal with IMO. They had another in Crew Cab at the time and had a good selection on the lot. Ironically, I was looking at a 2020 GMC Sierra Elevation as well but the dealership that had the truck was not willing to budge at all.

reidcc

Reaction score
I've done a fair amount of searching on Ram.com and used bigger cities and max miles to search from Maine to Michigan and down to Virginia to Ky. The only Quad Cab Gray I could find was north of Portland Maine. I was going to make the trip. I also looked at Night Edition Quads, but finding Silver ones with Level 2 was useless. The only decently optioned Sports were the 4 in Lowell.

I'm having them Rhinoline, and maybe pick it up Thurday. Then it will be time to figure out what I want for Nerf Bars. I am not a big fan of the Chrome wheels -would rather have black or charcoal. As for Nerf Bars, was thinking wheel to wheel Westin ProTraxx 5's in black.

I am out Rt 2 often enough - my son just bought a house in Orange and teaches at Mahar.
Best of times with your Gray BTS...I'll be eternally jealous!!!

Chris
Small World. I live in Phillipston and bought my Ceramic Gray 2020 Quad Cab BTS edition from 495 CJDR at the end of August. I fell in love the minute I saw the truck. They were very good to deal with IMO. They had another in Crew Cab at the time and had a good selection on the lot. Ironically, I was looking at a 2020 GMC Sierra Elevation as well but the dealership that had the truck was not willing to budge at all.

Users who are viewing this thread