5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New GMC Yukon Arrives - I bid y'all a fond adieu (or is that FONDUE?)...

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Welp - after ordering in January - Covid-Related Parts Constraints - my NEW GMC Yukon Denali Diesel came in yesterday.

64204373551__48A9066D-F6B6-4DC0-92FB-204313704F8E.fullsizerender.jpg

Amazing truck - kind of sad, saying goodbye to my Ram though.

If I were a "pickup truck" kinda guy - would have kept it. Horrible gas mileage aside - there still isn't anything that comes close to it. Even though the dealership service department at my dealer, ABSOLUTELY SUCKED.

I'll be putting up my Tazer, Weathertech Rear Cargo Bin (local SoFlorida ONLY) and PedalCommander (if they don't let me do a trade-in) up in the For Sale section later on.

Almost forgot - CarMax lowballed the hell out of my trade - I was estimating $46K - they came in at $45. I went back the next day to complain - and they came back with $47 - IT PAYS TO BE PERSISTENT. The GMC dealer goes with the CarMax appraisal, because they know they're lowballers. They were kinda of surprised they came up t$2k - but then they know I'm a BALLBUSTER. Well worth the trip back to CarMax to get the thing re-apprasied.

Thanks again folks...

Rick

GREAT FORUM. Folks here have been helpful since before I bought my Ram

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp - after ordering in January - Covid-Related Parts Constraints - my NEW GMC Yukon Denali Diesel came in yesterday.

View attachment 92648

Amazing truck - kind of sad, saying goodbye to my Ram though.

If I were a "pickup truck" kinda guy - would have kept it. Horrible gas mileage aside - there still isn't anything that comes close to it. Even though the dealership service department at my dealer, ABSOLUTELY SUCKED.

I'll be putting up my Tazer, Weathertech Rear Cargo Bin (local SoFlorida ONLY) and PedalCommander (if they don't let me do a trade-in) up in the For Sale section later on.

Almost forgot - CarMax lowballed the hell out of my trade - I was estimating $46K - they came in at $45. I went back the next day to complain - and they came back with $47 - IT PAYS TO BE PERSISTENT. The GMC dealer goes with the CarMax appraisal, because they know they're lowballers. They were kinda of surprised they came up t$2k - but then they know I'm a BALLBUSTER. Well worth the trip back to CarMax to get the thing re-apprasied.

Thanks again folks...

Rick

GREAT FORUM. Folks here have been helpful since before I bought my Ram

Congratulations, nice look GMC! Looks like the xl? My dad had 3 suburbans while I was growing up so I spent a lot of time in vehicles like that and learned how to drive in one too. Of course, much older subrubans (late 80s through late 90s MYs).

What's the interior like?

ben b

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Yukon! I rented a Yukon last year and a Suburban this year, both for multi-week road trips. Liked 'em both -- they drive well for long trips, get decent mileage and are comfortable. I liked the 2021 better because the cargo space is easier to load.

Enjoy your new wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread