5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Fuel Mavericks 20x9 +1 offset Wildpeak AT 275/60

Choate

Reaction score
Had the truck a week. Thought I’ll be ok w just new tires. Didn’t want to spend money on wheels. Told myself it looks fine w out wheels. Man am I glad I pulled the trigger. It makes the whole truck look different. Turned out WAY better than I expected. I was blown away when they backed it out. It went from I’m an old man which I am not young lol to damn that looks sexy real quick. Probably gonna see these in the billet silver and members trucks thread too haha

EAE31192-A7FA-4B88-8049-F985BEE09702.jpeg 7A3507C8-A54A-4BD5-915D-404594D48B9A.jpeg C14AE52F-019C-47D2-82DA-441C702853DD.jpeg A58AFAAD-EDE0-44BC-92B6-CFF664DE2F31.jpeg

XmikeX

Reaction score
Looks great! maybe someone can shed some light on this without opening up a can of worms. I'm looking to get wheels on my 2019 BH running 275/60/20's and wanted the wheels to stick out a little bit more but nothing crazy. Your +1 seems to be fairly flush MAYBE sticking out a tiny tiny bit, would a -18 offset be ridiculous or a -12? I've seen some pictures but to me it seems one truck with the same offset looks different on another truck.

This truck has -18 but the picture of the +1 seems to be fairly flush already so I'm worried of getting to much tire sticking out. The truck is stock height and MIGHT get a small lift via leveling kit.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anything in the negatives will poke out past the fenders. I believe the factory wheels are either +18 or +19mm so moving them to 0 will push the wheel and tire out about 3/4 of an inch leaving it flush to very little poke.

XmikeX

Reaction score
Anything in the negatives will poke out past the fenders. I believe the factory wheels are either +18 or +19mm so moving them to 0 will push the wheel and tire out about 3/4 of an inch leaving it flush to very little poke.
Nice, thank you! maybe Ill look into a 0 or -12 so its not as aggressive as -18

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
-12 to -18 is 6mm or 0.23". Would not be a big difference.

Choate

Reaction score
Looks great! maybe someone can shed some light on this without opening up a can of worms. I'm looking to get wheels on my 2019 BH running 275/60/20's and wanted the wheels to stick out a little bit more but nothing crazy. Your +1 seems to be fairly flush MAYBE sticking out a tiny tiny bit, would a -18 offset be ridiculous or a -12? I've seen some pictures but to me it seems one truck with the same offset looks different on another truck.

This truck has -18 but the picture of the +1 seems to be fairly flush already so I'm worried of getting to much tire sticking out. The truck is stock height and MIGHT get a small lift via leveling kit.
One thing to keep in mind is some people don’t know what they have. They’ll say -44 offset and be flush like mine. Check out the website customoffsets too and go to gallery and narrow it down from there. Also you’ll find if you haven’t already that in a 20x9 the options are usually 0 or 1 offset or closed to stock. Go to 20x10 and that’s when you’ll get the -12 and -18 options. Mine poke out just a tad. Maybe 1/2”. Actually probably not even that much. Definitely not tucked in but not out there either. Sounds like youll like the -12 or -18 more

XmikeX

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is some people don’t know what they have. They’ll say -44 offset and be flush like mine. Check out the website customoffsets too and go to gallery and narrow it down from there. Also you’ll find if you haven’t already that in a 20x9 the options are usually 0 or 1 offset or closed to stock. Go to 20x10 and that’s when you’ll get the -12 and -18 options. Mine poke out just a tad. Maybe 1/2”. Actually probably not even that much. Definitely not tucked in but not out there either. Sounds like youll like the -12 or -18 more
Thanks for the input, I'm trying to stay away from the look of having wheel sticking out really far. Personally I do not like the look of really wide looking wheels but being flush/ slightly out is more my preference especially since my tires wont be that wide.

the link I first posted was -18 and doesn't look terribly pushed out but I wonder how a 0 offset would look since yours is a 1 and is nicely flush.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Depends if you have the oem flares or not as well. My -19 20x10 wheels stick out a little less than an inch from the flares. If I didn’t have them they would be sticking out a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XmikeX

Reaction score
No flares here so I would think -18 would be little more noticeable.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would look more in the 0 to -12 range. A lot of options there. And you do notice that .25in

My last set were -12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choate

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'm trying to stay away from the look of having wheel sticking out really far. Personally I do not like the look of really wide looking wheels but being flush/ slightly out is more my preference especially since my tires wont be that wide.

the link I first posted was -18 and doesn't look terribly pushed out but I wonder how a 0 offset would look since yours is a 1 and is nicely flush.
Not even noticeable. One MM of difference. Moto metal does 0. Fuel it’s all +1. I don’t know why they just don’t call it 0

XmikeX

Reaction score
Not even noticeable. One MM of difference. Moto metal does 0. Fuel it’s all +1. I don’t know why they just don’t call it 0
I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. If I used an offset calculator and got measurement of how far the wheel would be pushed out would I measure from the tire and add the new length or from the wheel? I understand its the wheel getting pushed out but it would also be the same thing as adding to the tire?

example: -18 will push out 1.75 from stock offset. So if I held up a tape measure at 1.75 I could see where the outside of the tire would sit...

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the road noise with those tires? I'm looking for a set of 22s and want to get a nice aggressive looking tire, but don't want the road noise that comes with a lot of them.

Choate

Reaction score
How is the road noise with those tires? I'm looking for a set of 22s and want to get a nice aggressive looking tire, but don't want the road noise that comes with a lot of them.

I don’t hear it unless I’m next to a concrete wall barrier w the window down and radio off. Then it’s there some but unless you have the radio off and window down at the same time you’d not even notice it. Usually when the noise starts more is when they wear down some especially when they get uneven wear if you don’t ever rotate them. At least my experience in past AT tires. Specifically nitto terra grapplers and Cooper discoverer AT3 but those were on different trucks. So far this is my favorite AT tire I’ve ever had but I’m 95% highway so I don’t care about mudding or snow since I’m in TX but I might need to worry about that after last year but that’s a whole nother thread lol
I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. If I used an offset calculator and got measurement of how far the wheel would be pushed out would I measure from the tire and add the new length or from the wheel? I understand its the wheel getting pushed out but it would also be the same thing as adding to the tire?

example: -18 will push out 1.75 from stock offset. So if I held up a tape measure at 1.75 I could see where the outside of the tire would sit...
I can’t quite follow you there but all else equal meaning you’re running a 275 wide tire a -18 offset would stick out .748” more than mine. So 3/4” more out. If my math is right. 19mm further sticking out

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I know this is old but anyone still reading? I have a question.

Fcso227

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie with factory flares. I just put 18 inch Fuel Rebel 6 on with 275/65-18 Toyo ATIII this weekend. The wheels are -12 and they come out perfect! I have been playing around on Custom Offset's website for months and pulled the trigger. 1000006324.jpg 1000006342.jpg 1000006341.jpg

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I put 275/60/20 Toyo AT3’s on fuel Rebel 6 20x9 +1 and it seriously feels like my scrub radius is screwed up. I’ve had them road forced balanced a few times, had an alignment, installed Bilstein 5100’s, swapped out for same size Wildpeaks SL (which are awesome) and my truck still just tramlines and wobbles when one side goes over a bump mainly at slow speeds.

Is this just how a +1 wheel is??? Everything I read about positive scrub radius sounds like my issue.

I love the way they look but I’m contemplating going back to stock. My truck only has 7,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread