5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New from NY

20nightEdition

Reaction score
Hello!

New member I got my 2020 1500 night edition at the end of February and it’s been awesome! I upgraded from a 2017 quad cab which was the Express trim package. That truck had the 6 cylinder w 3.55 gears and I have to say it did everything I asked it to and got good mileage ! Even though it was one of the more basic packages I enjoyed adding little things from upper models.

The new truck is a crew cab 5.7 without e torque with 3.21 gears. So far I have only towed a wood chipper, and an open 16 foot dual axle land scape trailer, both were fine. I have ordered the oem brake controller as well and plan to install with the help of the site.

Some things I have done so far with the help of the site :
- ceramic coated the day I picked it up
- First oil change 3400 miles with royal purple 5w20 and Mobil 1 filter (couldn’t get a royal purple filter locally)
- modified my weather tech mats from the old truck for the wet months
- access cover vanish series roll up, this thing is great I love it and it super low profile
- installed the oem bed extender from the old truck as well
- diesel led backup lights
- lasfit third brake light leds
- k and n drop in filter
- rear seat cover for my good ol dog

Other plans are the brake controller, maybe some other led lights like fogs or interior.. that’s about all I have on the radar right now

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20nightEdition

Reaction score
Hello!

New member I got my 2020 1500 night edition at the end of February and it’s been awesome! I upgraded from a 2017 quad cab which was the Express trim package. That truck had the 6 cylinder w 3.55 gears and I have to say it did everything I asked it to and got good mileage ! Even though it was one of the more basic packages I enjoyed adding little things from upper models.

The new truck is a crew cab 5.7 without e torque with 3.21 gears. So far I have only towed a wood chipper, and an open 16 foot dual axle land scape trailer, both were fine. I have ordered the oem brake controller as well and plan to install with the help of the site.

Some things I have done so far with the help of the site :
- ceramic coated the day I picked it up
- First oil change 3400 miles with royal purple 5w20 and Mobil 1 filter (couldn’t get a royal purple filter locally)
- modified my weather tech mats from the old truck for the wet months
- access cover vanish series roll up, this thing is great I love it and it super low profile
- installed the oem bed extender from the old truck as well
- diesel led backup lights
- lasfit third brake light leds
- k and n drop in filter
- rear seat cover for my good ol dog

Other plans are the brake controller, maybe some other led lights like fogs or interior.. that’s about all I have on the radar right now

Thanks !

24a88ea228b69f4ffabf3145436a9415.jpg

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lookin' good! Where in New York are you located? I'm in East Amherst, New York near Buffalo.

20nightEdition

Reaction score
Ah my wife went to UB and spent a lot of time in western NY. We reside in Hyde Park which is near Poughkeepsie, between nyc and Albany

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm a graduate of UB also. I've been to Albany and to NYC but I do not recall being in Hyde Park or Poughkeepsie. Perhaps I need to be like Trump and take a cognitive test. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread