5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum member in So. CA.

Rebel Machine

Reaction score
I have owned several Dodge and Ram vehicles through the years, but currently have a 2021 Ram Rebel that I purchased used last May with about 31.000 miles. I really like the Rebel, but as always, I can't leave anything alone, so a few modifications and upgrades are already on the list. About the only thing that I really don't like about the truck is the shift knob (dial thing) on the dash and would like to change it over to a console shifter like the GT package has so I will be searching the forum for some information, suggestions to get that done. I've been building and working on cars/trucks all my life so I'm sure it won't be a complicated project once I can find the parts (or a list of parts needed) to do the conversion with OE Mopar parts. I'm looking forward to learning more about the 5th. Gen Rams and checking out other forum members trucks to get more ideas for my Rebel.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have while I'm posting questions on the forum!!
Dennis

Gobassin

Reaction score
I have owned several Dodge and Ram vehicles through the years, but currently have a 2021 Ram Rebel that I purchased used last May with about 31.000 miles. I really like the Rebel, but as always, I can't leave anything alone, so a few modifications and upgrades are already on the list. About the only thing that I really don't like about the truck is the shift knob (dial thing) on the dash and would like to change it over to a console shifter like the GT package has so I will be searching the forum for some information, suggestions to get that done. I've been building and working on cars/trucks all my life so I'm sure it won't be a complicated project once I can find the parts (or a list of parts needed) to do the conversion with OE Mopar parts. I'm looking forward to learning more about the 5th. Gen Rams and checking out other forum members trucks to get more ideas for my Rebel.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have while I'm posting questions on the forum!!
Dennis
Not sure if I'll ever get use to the shift knob . I keep grabbing the the temp ctl knob. I've owned the Laramie 2 months now,it's almost comical!!!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Welcome from another SoCal member
It took me a while to get used to the shift knob. Now it's so natural that when I get in my 3500 HO I reach for the radio knob rather than the shift lever :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread