5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New FlowMaster fx install

GM convert

Reaction score
Great fit. Definitely not overly loud. It’s basically what this truck should sound like from the factory. If this set up was any quieter you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference from stock. I’ve built multiple drag cars using mostly MagnaFlow but this FlowMaster is basically the same, deep bass not FlowMaster chambering pinging.

SkiTeton

Reaction score
I’m interested in this exhaust but I’m reading different descriptions of the install. Some say you need to cut; others say no cutting is necessary. Which is it?

deanfx

Reaction score
Did you tack weld the back of the pipe?

Raydar

Reaction score
I keep reading about the muffler, and keep procrastinating. Maybe I'll have to jump...
Thanks for the info.

rvnikkor

Reaction score
Im very curious about the FX. I just want a little meaner growl but nothing to loud, Dadlife haha. I drive a lot with clients and don't want anything that affect conversation. I keep going back and forth on leaving it stock, but the kid in me keeps saying to do it.

JHRebel

Reaction score
How is on the highway when mds kicks in? I wanted to get this as well but I keep hearing of how bad these sound when mds engages and the solution of have to constantly select max gear to turn off mds is not something I’m interested in.

GM convert

Reaction score
It’s barely louder during normal driving. Start up is great, idle sounds good , wot is awesome.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Im very curious about the FX. I just want a little meaner growl but nothing to loud, Dadlife haha. I drive a lot with clients and don't want anything that affect conversation. I keep going back and forth on leaving it stock, but the kid in me keeps saying to do it.
I have the Flox FX. This is definitely what you're looking for then.

Damion

Reaction score
I just ordered this today, probably be in next week sometime hopefully

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Great fit. Definitely not overly loud. It’s basically what this truck should sound like from the factory. If this set up was any quieter you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference from stock. I’ve built multiple drag cars using mostly MagnaFlow but this FlowMaster is basically the same, deep bass not FlowMaster chambering pinging.

I had mine installed on 8/21 and thus far it sounds great. When looking, I had it narrowed down to this and the Magnalfow. I've had MagnaFlow in the past so did the FlowMaster this time.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Whether it causes any future issues or not, sealing the weep holes in the resonators makes it sound wayyyyyy better.

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
Looking through a bunch of exhaust threads. Anyone been interested in the Gibson exhaust for our trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread