5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New face lift + shoes finally

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
20230927_234219.jpg
Bilstein: 2.2" 6112 Strut & Spring Assembled and Rear B8 5100 Shocks Set --- UCAs: Zone --- Tires:Toyo OC AT3, 35x11.5r20 (stock rim).

Ran about 60 miles on them straight out the shop. Unsure why I read alot it's fairly "stiff" right after Install. For me IMO it was a night and day difference and the ride quality immediately increased for the good a pretty noticeable amount. It eats the dips, bumps, cracks, holes, etc so much better. The tires perusal are heavier so I notice the difference when accelerating and for sure the breaking distance has increased. Absolutely love it and perfect for what I need it for!!

(I've gotten it before quite a bit so I'll address It now before I get s**t again lol... yes my widows are limo Tinted 5% all around and even my windshield down to 15% hence why you can not see through even with sun beaming straight at it.)

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 168300
Bilstein: 2.2" 6112 Strut & Spring Assembled and Rear B8 5100 Shocks Set --- UCAs: Zone --- Tires:Toyo OC AT3, 35x11.5r20 (stock rim).

Ran about 60 miles on them straight out the shop. Unsure why I read alot it's fairly "stiff" right after Install. For me IMO it was a night and day difference and the ride quality immediately increased for the good a pretty noticeable amount. It eats the dips, bumps, cracks, holes, etc so much better. The tires perusal are heavier so I notice the difference when accelerating and for sure the breaking distance has increased. Absolutely love it and perfect for what I need it for!!

(I've gotten it before quite a bit so I'll address It now before I get s**t again lol... yes my widows are limo Tinted 5% all around and even my windshield down to 15% hence why you can not see through even with sun beaming straight at it.)
Looks nice!

Of course you notice it being sluggish, you have grocery getter gears!

Hopefully you will get good use out of it before it breaks. I never thought of breaking in terms of distance. I would think bilstiens would give you plenty of miles before breaking.

Do you notice a difference in braking with the new tires? The brakes on the Rams are pretty stout. Better brakes than the brakes on some of the other trucks I have owned.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Looks nice!

Of course you notice it being sluggish, you have grocery getter gears!

Hopefully you will get good use out of it before it breaks. I never thought of breaking in terms of distance. I would think bilstiens would give you plenty of miles before breaking.

Do you notice a difference in braking with the new tires? The brakes on the Rams are pretty stout. Better brakes than the brakes on some of the other trucks I have owned.
hm, maybe i worded that incorrectly. i meant "breaking distance has increased" meaning i have to break quite a few feet farther now and cant break closer than i used to. so i guess that answers your last question brother... yes i do notice a difference lol its a little harder to break sudden like i used to. takes a few feet more to slow it down now. other than having to break sooner and accelaration is VERY little difference.... i absolutely love them in every way with the ride, look forward to a long time with these hopfullly. unsure of why i heard and read there "stiff" at first or always. i didnt notice that at all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hm, maybe i worded that incorrectly. i meant "breaking distance has increased" meaning i have to break quite a few feet farther now and cant break closer than i used to. so i guess that answers your last question brother... yes i do notice a difference lol its a little harder to break sudden like i used to. takes a few feet more to slow it down now. other than having to break sooner and accelaration is VERY little difference.... i absolutely love them in every way with the ride, look forward to a long time with these hopfullly. unsure of why i heard and read there "stiff" at first or always. i didnt notice that at all.
He's being sarcastic because your truck has "brakes" to slow you down. "Breaking" would be bad.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, a little sarcasm there.

But, your truck looks good stepped up some like that. No sarcasm intended with that.

raygun9

Reaction score
Great look, love the tint... wish we could have that where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread