5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New engine

TEXAG

Reaction score
My 2016 Ecodiesel did 28mpg under my heavy foot everyday, though it was tuned and 2wd. Could’ve done 30mpg easy if I babied it but I didn’t. Wanted to hear the turbo whistle too much:geek:

Reactions: Doc

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
No they don't, that's the thing. TFL has a long term rebel, and the gauge is always quite optimistic compared to their hand calcs. And any gauge showing 30 MPG, average, in a heavy 2019 gas Ram is going to be "off", I'm sorry, it just is.
Well I just did a round trip from NY to NC and my gauge was off by .3 in 1600 miles. I'd say that's pretty good...

Reactions: Doc

VernDiesel

Reaction score
2WD Ecodiesel has been EPA rated as high as 29 mpg Hwy. Why would you think the next generation that’s said it’s going to get better mileage not be at least 30?

With a tune but also only 4WD 3.92 I’ve pulled off 30 mpg on a several hundred mile interstate trip. But 27 is the norm for my truck running with Hwy traffic. That is when I don’t have a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread