5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New engine, really?!?!

LonghornLove

Reaction score
I got my engine replaced under warranty\recall on my 2014 Kia Optima around 60k miles.
They then gave it some crazy long warranty and I sold the car the next year because I didn't want it to break on me again.

All in all re-manned engines are generally better then new engines as they have already been broken in and metal already expanded\broken in.
Make sure you get the documentation for the new engine, and request what the warranty is on it, generally it's a year or so when something major like that is replaced but can sometimes be more (the warranty on me got extended to 15 years unlimited miles for the engine so would of lasted until 2029 if I kept it) (get it in writing)

If you enjoy the truck I would just keep it, if anything it's more reliable now.
The SA shared the warranty on the remanufactured engine is 3 years, 100k miles.

Reverse

Reaction score
If s lifter failed and there is damage to the cam, replacing the entire engine is the recommended course of action. Getting metal shavings throughout the engine is hard to clean up
Lifter failed on our 2014 and ate into the camshaft. They replaced camshaft and all lifters. That was at 130,000 miles I believe. It's now at 220,000 miles and running strong. Noise of failed lifters and camshaft can be similar to Hemi tick.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dealers do not approval from the manufacturer to replace a Hemi under warranty. When that engine is returned for warranty, all documents need to match(block info and so on). The dealer needs to tear down the engine to failure and document(photos) of the failure and attach to the claim. The big thing is the oil control valve for VVT, remove that and check for metal. If there is metal, gets new engine. No metal rebuild/repair.

IF they do an analysis of the engine and find replacement wasn't needed the dealer will be charged back. There are engines that need prior approval for replacement, but the 5.7 isn't one of them.

How dare you refute his conspiracy with facts.

So this means they won’t change the engine unless they are pretty sure they need to do so.
Just putting these 3 quotes in a row.
Nothing more I need to say

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just putting these 3 quotes in a row.
Nothing more I need to say
Exactly, cause cbty2050 basically shot down your whole argument about getting a warranty engine and putting it in someone else's truck.

Users who are viewing this thread