5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ecodiesel

jmbennington

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently got a 22 ram 1500 ecodiesel. I’ve been looking at them for a while and decided to go ahead get one. Came from a 20 ram 1500 v6 4x4. Other than no 4x4 I’m very happy with my decision. What kinds of things would you suggest for a new diesel owner? Im also open to hear any suggestions about upgrades or mods that you all have done that you feel made a definitive difference for you. Thanks everyone.
c4abf3f612b1528246c9aeeb5525891b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris3058

Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. Get yourself some EDT and Diesel Extreme from Hot Shots Secret. That stuff works magic. I love my eco - let’s hope the local bad of car thieves doesn’t steal it. Sigh. We lost 8 more rams in my city overnight…..

tom318

Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome, Nice color! Mine has treated me well so far. One mod I did apart form some aesthetic stuff was the Tazer DT so I can actually turn the traction/stability control off in 2wd. I wonder if you can fully disable traction in 2wd without a tazer. From the factory you can only fully turn off traction in 4wd.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had one since '15 and really love my '20. I' m kind of sad that this will be my last one as I was hoping to get a 24 if the chip shortage had resolved.... now I'll have to either stick with mine or look at another brand.

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently got a 22 ram 1500 ecodiesel. I’ve been looking at them for a while and decided to go ahead get one. Came from a 20 ram 1500 v6 4x4. Other than no 4x4 I’m very happy with my decision. What kinds of things would you suggest for a new diesel owner? Im also open to hear any suggestions about upgrades or mods that you all have done that you feel made a definitive difference for you. Thanks everyone.

Welcome and Congratulations on that beautiful truck! I bet you're gonna love the fuel mileage you get with this 2wd rig.

I'd say just be religious with your oil changes, don't go over your intended interval whether its every 7.5 k miles or every 5 k, whatever, these motors like clean oil. It keeps the carbon and soot build up down. Maybe even do the first oil change early to get all the break in material out of there. Be sure to get your fuel at stations that move a lot of fuel so it hasn't been sitting for months before going into your tank, oh and change your fuel filter regularly too!

Apologies in advance if I'm telling you all things you know already.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EDT @ every fill up
Follow the owners manual for maintenance (some people do oil changes at 5K instead of 10K)
Get it out on the open road as often as you can as 5-10 minutes here and there sitting in traffic isn’t what it’s designed for so you’re not going to burn off the nasty stuff
No need to idle it when you’re parked like most older diesels, you can turn it on and off at will

You’re going to find people will ask if something is wrong with your motor. I’ve had guys thinking it’s a V8 ask me why my V8 sounds weird. Then I tell them it’s a diesel and they say “no way, that’s way too quiet!” It’s happened half a dozen times in the last 2 years and it always makes me laugh

Also, with the 33 gallon tank, I only fill up once a month if I’m not doing any road trips (summer time only) so I use Gasbuddy to find the cheapest diesel in 15-20 miles and once a month I take a longer trip and save myself a good chunk of change (sometimes a buck cheaper than the stations near my house), it gets the truck breathing and saves money.

Ruger

Reaction score

Welcome and great looking ride brother.

VernDiesel

Reaction score

Not listed but make sure you get the turbo brake option if you think you might ever tow say a travel trailer or car trailer.

I believe you can get a price break doing them both at the same time. Sharp truck I like the blue.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread