5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cooper at3 xlts in 275/65r20

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I had originally put Nitto Terra Grappler g2's in p275/65r20 and while they were ok, the handling and feel was not my favorite. Thankfully I had used tire buyer so I had 45 days to return them and I went with Cooper at3 xlts in the same size but LT version.

While a bit stiffer ride they handle significantly better, are much quieter, and my braking distance is shorter too. I can feel the loss of acceleration a bit compared to the p tires, but not enough to matter as it's about .5 seconds to 60.

KJcuQMLtpNKibB6y5

IMG_20190205_180545.jpg

MVIMG_20190205_180441.jpg MVIMG_20190205_180450.jpg

Last edited:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! That is the tire that I'll likely go with (maybe a little bigger). I wish I had those wheels!!! have the five spoke painted and polished; I want those Chrome wheels.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I really am super happy with these. They are extremely planted on the road and the grip seems endless compared to the nexens and the G2's. When I turn the wheel the truck just takes a set and makes the turn where as the G2s i turned the wheel, then turned it some more, then slowed down some more cause it just felt like i was running out of grip.

Also, dont let the hand wringing over the ride of LT's dissuade you, the ride is only a little harsher over big bumps. Its still a way better ride than my 2016 F150 or my brothers Tundra that had P tires.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
Looks great, interested to see if you have a level as well.

I am most likely going with this size, after a 2" inch front and 1" rear spacer goes on.

CMENT

Reaction score
Was trying to hold off on buying tires until November, but got in the limited yesterday and had only 19psi in the front left tire.

Took it to the dealer and there was a small sidewall puncture. Quoted me ~$250 for a new one (mounting included). I know people love these OEM Falkens, but I hated them in wet snow / ice / slush.

Large regional tire dealer quoted $1100 for 4 new Cooper AT XLT and it was going to be 6-10 days before they got them in. Called my local guy and he quoted $970 and said he could get them in today. Sold! Installed today.

They look way better in person than photos.

Went with stock 275/55/20. They are quite, handle great, and look good. Had last generation Cooper AT3 on my other trucks so I know what I can reasonably expect in certain conditions. And to my surprise they are “snowflake” rated which for some reason Cooper does not advertise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vic

Reaction score
Nice! That is the tire that I'll likely go with (maybe a little bigger). I wish I had those wheels!!! have the five spoke painted and polished; I want those Chrome wheels.

Where are you? I have those chrome wheels in northwest Louisiana and I prefer the wheels YOU have!

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I now have about 2k miles on them and they have actually gotten better. They're still extremely quiet, the grip has actually improved and I think a little break in for the sidewall has improved the ride slightly.

I do have a level although you might fit the 34s with out one. I do also rub the inside plastic fender well that sticks out but only backing down a driveway at full lock. I haven't bothered to pull it back as it really isn't affecting the plastic or the tire since I rarely back down a driveway at full lock.

Users who are viewing this thread