5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New - Considering a 2020 Rebel

abrink41

Reaction score
Buying my first full size truck and had my mind set on the Ford F-150 until I drove the Rebel this weekend. I love it.

Any recommendations? Considering the eTorque V8 but concerned with some of the issues I've read about.

Thanks in advance!!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buying my first full size truck and had my mind set on the Ford F-150 until I drove the Rebel this weekend. I love it.

Any recommendations? Considering the eTorque V8 but concerned with some of the issues I've read about.

Thanks in advance!!!
I wouldn’t worry about eTorque. I’d get mine again. There’ve been a small number of issues reported here, but we have more than 40K members, so...

My only advice would be to wait to get exactly what you want. If you’re completely happy with a truck on the lot, or you are flexible enough to compromise and be completely satisfied with a great deal, then go for it. But don’t “settle” for a truck you’re not sure about; it would be worth ordering and waiting to avoid that situation.

abrink41

Reaction score
One more question - should I get the air suspension??? I love the ride of the air suspension, but again worried about having issues??

Considering the Laramie with Night package and Off Road package too...

kooz21

Reaction score
I’m in total agreement with SpeedyV. Take a good amount of time to look at all of the available options and figure out exactly what you want, then order it. Otherwise, you end up with a truck that’s missing some things you want, or paying extra for things you don’t want, or both.
For what it’s worth, I ended up ordering a 2021 Laramie with eTourque and air suspension. Counting down the days until delivery!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One more question - should I get the air suspension??? I love the ride of the air suspension, but again worried about having issues??

Considering the Laramie with Night package and Off Road package too...
Only you can answer those questions . My personal view is that there’s already lots of tech in these trucks that I didn’t want to add more to it like the E-Torque or the Air Suspension ( not saying they’ll have issues ) but you definitely won’t have any issues with them if you don’t have them to begin with .

abrink41

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all of your help. So here is where I'm at today. Definitely decided on the Laramie vs the Rebel. Also decided against the air suspension. Last thing I need to decide is if I get the off road package or not. And I think I'm going to do a level kit regardless of what I do. I welcome everyone's thoughts. So many damn choices...lol

Users who are viewing this thread