5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Canuck member

Snakes709

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just joined the forum the other day. Traded in my 2016 sport with ****ty air ride suspension that **** the bed every time it got cold out, for a new 2019 Ram 1500 Sport. Due to a crap load of negitive equity, I decided to eliminate quite a few options I didnt NEED to bring the price down. But still a few upgrades compared to my 2016. Did a 1100km trip yesterday to break her in. Gotta say, im pretty happy

Attachments

• 475A7F8F-F0FC-49E3-81D2-71A884DCFC3E.jpeg
    475A7F8F-F0FC-49E3-81D2-71A884DCFC3E.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 23
  • C2C030C0-5E33-4CBD-9604-53A4E4873CC6.jpeg
    C2C030C0-5E33-4CBD-9604-53A4E4873CC6.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2F7E9F34-B60A-442C-81C6-58454508F9CA.jpeg
    2F7E9F34-B60A-442C-81C6-58454508F9CA.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 23

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love the truck, and "welcome!" but gee; as a fellow canuck I'm NOT sorry I don't live wherever you live. We've seen the end of winter here for over a month now. (Then again, that view of yours is probably stunning in a few more weeks).

Snakes709

Reaction score
Love the truck, and "welcome!" but gee; as a fellow canuck I'm NOT sorry I don't live wherever you live. We've seen the end of winter here for over a month now. (Then again, that view of yours is probably stunning in a few more weeks).

Its off and on this time of the year. Had a few days that were 18 to 20*c. Been riding my motorbike a lot. Although it is currently snowing lol.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just joined the forum the other day. Traded in my 2016 sport with ****ty air ride suspension that **** the bed every time it got cold out, for a new 2019 Ram 1500 Sport. Due to a crap load of negitive equity, I decided to eliminate quite a few options I didnt NEED to bring the price down. But still a few upgrades compared to my 2016. Did a 1100km trip yesterday to break her in. Gotta say, im pretty happy
Looking good. I to would like to dump my “self dumping Rebel”. All air ride rams in cold climates should be parked at FCA headquarters and set ablaze.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
How did your buying experience go at Crosstown?

Snakes709

Reaction score
Really great. I originally went to Southtown Chrysler and spent 5 hours there trying to work out a deal that I could justify with the negative equity but they wouldnt budge on the price at all. Gave me a ****ty trade in value and a higher price on the truck.

So i went to crosstown and the beat the trade in value instantly but i know most dealerships will do that and jack up the price of the new unit. Wasnt the case here. Told them what options i wanted and didnt want. They had to get the truck from somewhere outside of edmonton. Worked out a deal saturday night, got a decent trade in value and got them to drop the price of the new truck. But over sunday I was reconsidering because the payments were to high and not justifiable with the negative equity. Monday morning i went in and asked for a lower price and got them to knock another 3-4k to get the payments to what i needed. So the sales deal was awesome. Finance department, not so much.

Dude was friendly and nice until I told them i didnt want any extra options, no gap insurence, extended warranty or any of that ****. Dude still tried to sell me on it. Told him no, i was restricted to my payments and will not budge. He would type away on his computer and then be like “what if i can get the extended warranty for just $10 biweekly”. Said no, then he asked what about $5 more. Told him a final no. After that he wasnt very friendly and just wanted to finish the deal and get rid of me. Never gave me the finance paperwork and then made some **** poor excuse why I dont get the 500 air miles when you buy a new vehicle.

Overall probably one of the better dealerships I have dealt with.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Thank you, good to know. I don’t know why the WHOLE buying experience can’t go smoothly. Although I have had good luck on the last couple with small town dealers.

Snakes709

Reaction score
Thank you, good to know. I don’t know why the WHOLE buying experience can’t go smoothly. Although I have had good luck on the last couple with small town dealers.

The only dealership that i have had a truly bad deal with is Northside Mitsubishi. Traded in my SRT-10 for a evo and long story short, the ****ed my car up, lied, banned me and then threaten to sue me for vandalism, claiming they had me on video even though I was in Afghanistan.

All the other times with dealerships its not so much a bad experience, just not a good one or one I wanted to do a deal with. Whats funny is the sales guy i was dealing with at southtown msged me just after I picked my truck up. He made a comment how i never gave him a chance. Ummm....i did. Went over several options on a new ram to get me close to what i wanted to pay and after asking multiple times to adjust the price and being denied because “we already gave you the best price” and it still being almost $100 bi weekly more then what i got my truck for at crosstown.....yea, i gave you a chance and you blew it.

Users who are viewing this thread