5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bumper void factory warranty?

Humer91

Reaction score
Does anyone know if adding a new bumper like the VICE Mod2 bumper would void my warranty?

gofishn

Reaction score
No, it will not void your warranty.
most things yo do to your truck, adding aftermarket products, will not void your warranty.
Not all of them, however. Tuners, for one, can void your warranty if dealer suspects it is the Root Cause for the problem.

That said, any dealer cna deny anything, for any or no reason and you must then take it up, to go beyond the point of simple acceptance. By adding anything aftermarket, you are giving teh dealer a potential point of denial. However, every dealer knows that whatever excuse he does give, must, in fact, pass the smell test, when in front of a judge, even a small claims loss court.

For this reason, most dealerships service dept do not even bother trying to void warranties for anything other than good cause. Not to say some have not. there are some increbily stupid in this world. Most., though, do have a modicom of intellgience.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if adding a new bumper like the VICE Mod2 bumper would void my warranty?
No aftermarket part can void your entire warranty. Even a tuner won't void the entire bumper to bumper warranty. Adding an aftermarket front bumper will only effect the warranty in your front bumper, and anything that was attached to the bumper.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It should go without saying it voids the warranty, on your front bumper.

You break it you buy it.
Sadly assuming a bumper doesn't break anything you're good.

Unless you live in Cali, then you probably broke a few laws and made your truck illegal to drive on public roadways.

I should look into swapping out my front bumper since the painted OEM one is junk.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No aftermarket part can void your entire warranty. Even a tuner won't void the entire bumper to bumper warranty. Adding an aftermarket front bumper will only effect the warranty in your front bumper, and anything that was attached to the bumper.
This makes me wonder if there was a frame or suspension defect that they would claim it was because of the aftermarket bumper bolted to the frame, aftermarket bumper too heavy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread