5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Battery Uconnect issues

papjuice

Reaction score
So in Kansas at my brothers and the battery decided to die. Replaced it now no XM even though I can log in. No back up camera and doesn’t see the pass seat. Have tried the two main buttons. Volume and tune. And turned off nothing changes. Have tried the push the voice and phone buttons still nothing. Pulled the pedal commander out trying to see if that was causing any issues nothing. Any ideas. All presets for the radio stayed and that’s about it

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So in Kansas at my brothers and the battery decided to die. Replaced it now no XM even though I can log in. No back up camera and doesn’t see the pass seat. Have tried the two main buttons. Volume and tune. And turned off nothing changes. Have tried the push the voice and phone buttons still nothing. Pulled the pedal commander out trying to see if that was causing any issues nothing. Any ideas. All presets for the radio stayed and that’s about it
It can take up to 6 hours for all that stuff to come back after a battery has been disconnected. It's been discussed on here many times already.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It can take up to 6 hours for all that stuff to come back after a battery has been disconnected. It's been discussed on here many times already.
I have generally found that my initial panic wears away after a night of sleep and features come back.

llando88

Reaction score
Same here, replaced the original battery on my '21 Big Horn at 35K miles just the other day.

Driving away from the auto parts store, the CEL was still on and the temperature rotary encoders for the climate control were not working properly. I drove 15 minutes, then shut off, then a couple more short trips that day. After 3-4 restarts the CEL extinguished and the climate controls returned to normal.

A couple weeks later, everything is still normal, truck is 100%.

TRIBUTE100

Reaction score
When I change out batteries I just put some alligator clips on the clamps attached to another battery. Then the truck is always connected to 12 volts.

papjuice

Reaction score
Next day everything came back. Funny is Autozone load tested it and it was good. But was also 120 degrees. Kinda warm considering it was only 55 outside.

Manuel Ibarbo

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the Assist/SOS System after replacing the Ram 2019 Battery? Everything else seems to work, system reset after several hours except those.

Any inform let me know thanks, have a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread