5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Battery - Electronics Now Messed Up

heefageLA

Reaction score
Guys,
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie that crapped its factory battery.
I installed a new battery today. Once installed my driver heated/cooled seats lost the Medium function and I lost the passenger side completely. I havent found anything else wrong, but who knows...
I checked the fuse box under the hood and couldnt find anything blown.
My dealer told me a solid month before they can even talk to me about what could be the problem. They're a joke.

Any help of advice is very much appreciated.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,
I installed a new battery today. Once installed my driver heated/cooled seats lost the Medium function and I lost the passenger side completely. I havent found anything else wrong, but who knows...
My dealer told me a solid month before they can even talk to me about what could be the problem. They're a joke.

Obviously haven't paid much attention to any other post about this. It takes a few hours, sometimes overnight for all functions to return to normal

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, like @HSKR R/T said, just wait it out. It's a common issue.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Obviously haven't paid much attention to any other post about this. It takes a few hours, sometimes overnight for all functions to return to normal

Im "obviously" reading more about the issue now. I didnt know if it was a blown fuse under the hood, or inside the cab, or what. Check the posts I have. I "obviously" dont spend much time here, like some of you.
Thanks for the quick response and the help.

DennisY

Reaction score
Crazy that it takes time to reset. Maybe they are using vacuum tubes in our trucks.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Just to be further redundant for you. When you hooked up that new battery if you waited about 1 hour with the truck having visibility to the sky, do not even open a door, it would all reinit and the world would be right again.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
But via 4G. Shouldn't that be pretty fast?
It is my understanding that some or all of it comes through the sharkfin. My experience with disconnecting the battery for whatever reason, if you leave the vehicle alone after reconnecting, after 1 hour everything is reinitialized.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Guys,

wasn't under warranty? anyway dealer install wouldn't lose truck memory i'm sure they bypass the system or some hookup to keep memory intact. probably not much more cost than doing it yourself and save a headache or bashing in a forum

Users who are viewing this thread