5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ball mount and ball

RT70808

Reaction score
My el-cheapo Walmart painted black Reese ball mount and chrome plated ball are looking rough not to mention I had a hard time removing the lock when I traded in my WK2 so I’ve been eyeballing these, has anyone ever used them?

Self locking ballmount:
C84F9AA1-A8B3-4621-937B-C2C1E8DA6B30.jpeg

Stainless convert-a-ball:

496B2D76-7569-4EDD-B7FC-A09B8FE33458.jpeg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tell them you don't need a stake in company(ouch $90+) you just want a ball mount. Think I paid $25 for my draw-tite one.;)

RT70808

Reaction score
Tell them you don't need a stake in company(ouch $90+) you just want a ball mount. Think I paid $25 for my draw-tite one.;)
Must be this driving the price up;
  • Ball mount is machined from a solid piece of aircraft-grade billet aluminum
  • Solid aluminum produces a lightweight yet strong ball mount
    • Avoids welds, which can cause weak points that might break
    • Polished finish creates a high-quality appearance

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Must be this driving the price up;
  • Ball mount is machined from a solid piece of aircraft-grade billet aluminum
  • Solid aluminum produces a lightweight yet strong ball mount
    • Avoids welds, which can cause weak points that might break
    • Polished finish creates a high-quality appearance

Think your correct. I bought the Weigh safe setup...same idea but with a scale for tongue weight. Pricey but hopefully will last a while

https://www.etrailer.com/Drop-Hitch/Weigh-Safe/WS6-2.html

They also make a 180 that is cheaper.

https://www.etrailer.com/Drop-Hitch/Weigh-Safe/LTB6-2.html

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh no indeed. I prefer my trailers to actually be level and distributed. I cringe when I see those used to tow lawn equipment for landscapers and the front of the trailer is too high or too low.

View attachment 1953
Completely agree! I had to find an old timer in WA state to help me get my travel trailer set up. He said, "The hitch height levels the trailer. The weight distribution levels the truck. The hitch angle levels the weight distribution. It usually takes 2-3 adjustment rounds to get everything right."

He was spot on.

alow

Reaction score
I helped a buddy haul a uhaul trailer and he picked me up a hitch and ball in exchange. About $25 from Napa with a 2" drop did it.

RT70808

Reaction score
It’s not about the cost, I was just wondering if anyone has used the ones I posted.
The mount
A) it looks great, and is a solid block
B) it is self locking
The ball
A) swappable
B) stainless, so it won’t rust like the chrome plated ones

jamesfg

Reaction score
Had the Weigh Safe for our 2500 it's gotta be the baddest hitch on the market. Let's you know if you under or overloaded at the front of the trailer. Had to sell it 'cos it wouldn't fit our Rebel but I'll be getting a new one soon. The Weigh Safe hitch is a beautiful piece of piece of equipment. Couple that with the ability to quickly change out the ball size and adjust the height pays for it's self.

RT70808

Reaction score
Had the Weigh Safe for our 2500 it's gotta be the baddest hitch on the market. Let's you know if you under or overloaded at the front of the trailer. Had to sell it 'cos it wouldn't fit our Rebel but I'll be getting a new one soon. The Weigh Safe hitch is a beautiful piece of piece of equipment. Couple that with the ability to quickly change out the ball size and adjust the height pays for it's self.
The most important question - does the weigh safe fit in the in floor storage bin? Hmmm

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks...I better get it today lol. Dealer just texted me asking to come a little later as they were doing something with the radio (I'm assuming its downloading the Uconnect update but who knows)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks...I better get it today lol. Dealer just texted me asking to come a little later as they were doing something with the radio (I'm assuming its downloading the Uconnect update but who knows)

Replacing it:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just kidding can't wait to see some pics.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Replacing it:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just kidding can't wait to see some pics.

Ok, so my Weighsafe hitch wont fit it the Rambin unless I take it apart. Its about 1/4 -1/2" to narrow. If I took it apart, aka removed this pin, then I could get everything in a bin if I wanted to, so thats an option.

1533166464868.png

Users who are viewing this thread