5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New around here! First full size truck!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's up guys. Just got into a 2020 Ram the other day. I've been wanting a truck for the past 10+ years. My first vehicle was a 1985 S10 that was a huge pile of garbage and I've not had one since.

1EE83195-DFB8-45DE-B7C8-3EAD670F4CE8.jpeg
Absolutely love my truck. It's a "Built to Serve" edition. Probably gonna remove the bed decals because I didn't serve and it makes me feel a little goofy with them on there. Just as a respect thing for those who have served!

I'm getting the windows tinted in two weeks. The wife wants to get black wheels for it but I'm kind of partial to the ones that came with it. It was like someone plucked my online build configuration out of my brain and placed it at the local dealership lol! Hoping that it serves me well.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Ram. Love your user name, I assume from the cartoon?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Ram. Love your user name, I assume from the cartoon?
Haha yes! I remember watching it as a kid. My dad introduced me to it because he liked it as a kid as well!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any other pictures of the grille? I like the look of the BTS edition grilles!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What's up guys. Just got into a 2020 Ram the other day. I've been wanting a truck for the past 10+ years. My first vehicle was a 1985 S10 that was a huge pile of garbage and I've not had one since.

View attachment 55888
Absolutely love my truck. It's a "Built to Serve" edition. Probably gonna remove the bed decals because I didn't serve and it makes me feel a little goofy with them on there. Just as a respect thing for those who have served!

I'm getting the windows tinted in two weeks. The wife wants to get black wheels for it but I'm kind of partial to the ones that came with it. It was like someone plucked my online build configuration out of my brain and placed it at the local dealership lol! Hoping that it serves me well.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment.
This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
welcome

I honestly would leave the decals, what if you sell it and a buyer is expecting them to be there?
I agree, I am a service member for over 20 years now and I don't think you should feel weird about leaving the decals on there. Fly that flag on there proudly plus like mentioned above might take away from the value of a limited production vehicle if removed ;)

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, I am a service member for over 20 years now and I don't think you should feel weird about leaving the decals on there. Fly that flag on there proudly plus like mentioned above might take away from the value of a limited production vehicle if removed ;)
I'm also an AF veteran. I don't know the history of the BTS truck, but in my mind I was thinking not only the military, but any public service, police, fire, S&R etc. Thanks for your service! I was able to ride with the boom operator a few times in a KC-35 in Phoenix and Japan.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck. It’s a beauty!

I agree with the others who say to keep the flag decals. I also didn’t serve, but I’d proudly fly the colors in honor of those who have served. I see it as similar to flying a flag at home.

As for the wheels, I like how yours look. I kind of agree about the murdered out look having run it’s course. But you also gotta keep mama happy. You know...happy wife happy life. ;)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm also an AF veteran. I don't know the history of the BTS truck, but in my mind I was thinking not only the military, but any public service, police, fire, S&R etc. Thanks for your service! I was able to ride with the boom operator a few times in a KC-35 in Phoenix and Japan.
Agreed 100%, everybody serves in some sort of profession. Thanks for your service, Boom Operator is by far the best job I ever had.

OP in the end it's your truck and you can do what you please, either way it it's a sweet looking truck (y).

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha yes! I remember watching it as a kid. My dad introduced me to it because he liked it as a kid as well!
As for the flag decals, I’d keep them. I’m a Canadian living in the US(awaiting citizenship) and have American flags on my truck, heck I even fly the flag in front of my house.

Thought you might also enjoy this:
2D1CB704-31A0-40E5-9A17-E83164803168.jpeg

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What color are those rims? Looks sharp(y)
They're Technical Gray

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I may keep the decals for resell and also because you guys made me feel better about it. I appreciate it!

As for the flag decals, I’d keep them. I’m a Canadian living in the US(awaiting citizenship) and have American flags on my truck, heck I even fly the flag in front of my house.

Thought you might also enjoy this:
View attachment 55915

Haha nice I use this for my profile pic most places.

MAGA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online