5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New All-Electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV Will Have Onboard Generator Power

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

New All-Electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV Will Have Onboard Generator Power​

Here Are Some Of The New Things We Have Learned...​

1676911256893.png

’s been a week since Ram official gave us a peek at what the future beholds for the Ram 1500. As the industry moves to electrification, so will Ram’s half-ton offering. The 2025 Ram 1500 REV battery-electric vehicle (BEV) updates the fifth-generation Ram 1500 with an updated STLA Frame architecture (an evolution of the current DT architecture), new front and rear styling, and an updated interior. But while some of the changes are obvious, Ram has refused to go in-depth into details about its upcoming electric pickup. At least for the time being.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the "Vehicle to Home" mode, is the truck truly acting as a generator or more like a backup battery? Is it just semantics? I think of a generator as creating electricity and it's not really the case here, right? It's just transferring stored energy? FWIW, the dictionary says
  1. a dynamo or similar machine for converting mechanical energy into electricity.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the implication is that it puts out 60Hz power (50 in EU?) compatible with household appliances, but yeah some definitions are getting blurred.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a gas generator for that. I’ll also charge my neighbors EV when he gets stranded and can’t charge it when the power is out.😆

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why is there an "ECO" button beside the shift dial? Isn't everything about this truck going to be "eco"?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why is there an "ECO" button beside the shift dial? Isn't everything about this truck going to be "eco"?
Probably limits acceleration to conserve energy for longer range.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Where's the part in the truck where the truck can charge itself like a Hybrid to actually save money? Only thing this seems to be generating is an outlandish electric bill.

That ugly power button tho...

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the part in the truck where the truck can charge itself like a Hybrid to actually save money? Only thing this seems to be generating is an outlandish electric bill.

It, like all EVs, will have regenerative braking which is one way hybrids recharge themselves.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It would cost more in fuel to use a generator to recharge than plugging in. So no savings there

Users who are viewing this thread