5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New A/T Tires

Ramboy40

Reaction score
33k miles and my OEM Falken Wildpeaks already need to be replaced. I have a 2020 w/ off road package so the Falkens came on the truck. I've done alot of research trying to pick a satisfactory replacement. I'm a little disappointed in the Falken's excessive wear so I'm going to try something different. I have bounced back and forth between aggressive a/t tires such a Nitto Ridge Grapplers and BF ko2s but finally decided not to get to wild cause I'm keeping everything stock. I think the Cooper At3 4s will be my next tires. Thoughts?? . I would think these tires will be similar to the Wildpeaks and I shouldn't have to worry about rubbing or anything.

Renatboost

Reaction score
Cooper AT3 were what I went with after much research.
Quiet on the freeway and decent in the snow and dirt.
I will do them again

jkm312

Reaction score
I chose the Cooper AT3 4S as well. They are a little lighter in weight than most other AT tires. They ride and handle just fine. You might get a slight increase in gas mileage.
For my money and purposes, they are a great choice for me.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The aftermarket Wildpeaks are not the same as the OE version, so that's something to consider.

Ramboy40

Reaction score
I had the Cooper's put on today. They ride great and have little noise. They seem to ride a little smoother than the Falkens. They strike a good balance with just enough aggressiveness but also look nice and not out of place on a stock truck. Time will tell as far as wear goes. Hopefully they will last longer than the Falkens. I'm also hoping they handle rain, snow and muddy trails well. The Falkens, when new, did handle "all-terrain" well. I'll try and post pictures later.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cooper AT3’s on my current truck and I love them. Great tire in every condition.

Will be going to the Falken’s very soon on my new truck. Time will tell how they are but suspect I’ll be swapping for larger tires soon enough.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
I am still on my factory wildpeaks that came on my 2019. 44k and they are just getting to the wear marks. I am on pavement 99% of the time though. I am probably going back to the wildpeaks. KO2's are also an option.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree with others the Falken Wildpeak AT3/W is not the same as the OEM Wildpeak as Stellantis specs those OEM tires like all OEM's and in my experience and that of many others the OEM tires are almost always shorter wearing than the version you buy aftermarket. I am guessing the OEM are softer compounds for smoother ride and likely other compromises for less expense etc. The goodyear SRA's that came on my 2 of my rams were total crap tires - the Nexen's on my 2019 were actually pretty good tires but I eventually swapped them as I prefer an AT tire.

Falken QA

Reaction score
Majority, if not all, OEM tires tend to be on the softer compound side, with main emphasis on comfort (noise, harshness absorbing) and handling. Wear/longevity are not considered as it increases the total tire cost. Vehicle manufacturers are concern on keeping cost down, in order to appeal to their target market and be competitive against their competitors.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Majority, if not all, OEM tires tend to be on the softer compound side, with main emphasis on comfort (noise, harshness absorbing) and handling. Wear/longevity are not considered as it increases the total tire cost. Vehicle manufacturers are concern on keeping cost down, in order to appeal to their target market and be competitive against their competitors.
By chance do you know if Falken will run any sales or coupons in July? I would really like to stay with Falken, but KO2's are also highly rated and $50 bucks cheaper a tire.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cooper At/3 xlt. So far so good. I’m running 35’s and they are much quieter on the pavement than the stock duratracs that my rebel came with. And they have a 55 or 60k mile warranty

Attachments

• 728A82CB-6728-4BF0-A567-4871A041E98C.jpeg
    728A82CB-6728-4BF0-A567-4871A041E98C.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 136
  • C1D222DE-C567-4DDB-B650-F6112B9F407E.jpeg
    C1D222DE-C567-4DDB-B650-F6112B9F407E.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 28292E99-7023-4FE4-86DC-E71BE599A8DB.jpeg
    28292E99-7023-4FE4-86DC-E71BE599A8DB.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 138

2jzDave

Reaction score
I bought my truck used with 50k miles and the OEM Wildpeaks still have a lot left in them. I swapped them to my wife's Tahoe because that needed tires, and I bought the Wildeak AT3W for the Ram. I stepped up to 275/60r20 SL rated. I don't tow so I didn't want the added weight of the LT version. The SL version still has a higher load rating that the OEM Wildpeaks. I've had these tires on previous trucks and won't run anything else.

Attachments

• 20220611_202130.jpg
    20220611_202130.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

@Falken QA any plans to put the AT3W on a diet? I love these tires but they are so heavy… always the heaviest option in any given size.

Shives

Reaction score
I’ve got the Bridgestone On my night edition with the white letters. With 36k the outer edge is worn right down.

Looking for advise also.

I don’t run off road at all, I drive main roads and highways. Wanted some a little tougher then the stock wheels, maybe slightly bigger but not looking for a 10 ply tire or anything to heavy.

With gas prices climbing, I don’t know if a AT tire like the Nitto Terra grapplers would be best.

A little road noise is ok… don’t want to loose much mileage. 60k or around tire would be good.

Anyways:… anyone have a suggestion for this? Thanks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Bridgestone On my night edition with the white letters. With 36k the outer edge is worn right down.

Looking for advise also.

I don’t run off road at all, I drive main roads and highways. Wanted some a little tougher then the stock wheels, maybe slightly bigger but not looking for a 10 ply tire or anything to heavy.

With gas prices climbing, I don’t know if a AT tire like the Nitto Terra grapplers would be best.

A little road noise is ok… don’t want to loose much mileage. 60k or around tire would be good.

Anyways:… anyone have a suggestion for this? Thanks.
I was in the same boat. I went with venom power X/T tires. 275/60r20 4 ply. 50k mile warranty. Good reviews. They do kind of sound like MTs on a smooth road, but for $1000 mounted and balanced, couldnt pass it up.

Users who are viewing this thread