5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 6in ReadyLift for air suspension

DentalDart

Reaction score
Howdy! First time poster and first time truck owner... Just picked up a 2019 Laramine Longhorn w/ air suspension. I was trying to avoid air suspension because I knew I wanted to lift the truck but I am a cheap *** and this truck was a way better deal than any of the other trucks around my area. I was in somewhat of a hurry to purchase a truck because daily driving my 52 year old dodge dart was starting to take a toll on the car...

I have had a 2014 jeep w/ a 4in Evo MFG coilover lift and 37s as well as a 15 Rubicon with a 4in Evo MFG coilover lift and 37s. The jeeps were built for a purpose... To beat the **** out of and see what they could handle all over the Nevada and Utah rock crawling trails...

Now on to my question. I am looking at the BDS 4in kit (which is spoken of highly), the RC 5in kit which is bashed by some but those who have it seem to like it, and now ReadyLift has a 6in kit. Has anyone gotten to install the RL 6in kit yet or seen one in person? I have not lifted a truck but would love to run a 6in kit on my truck and RL is the only one that has the size I am looking for so I can stuff some 37s under it. Haven't decided on wheels yet but I am really liking the American Force AC003 Weapon wheels, or the Fuel Covert wheels. I like the Fuel Rebels as well but so many Rams have them already...

I know some will say gearing is a must, but honestly my 14 jeep had the 3.21 gears and dana 30 up front, I ran 37s and beat the **** out of it for 25k miles in 1.5yrs and the thing went over everything I pointed it at. My 15 rubicon had 37s w/ Dana 44's and 4.10 gears and yes it had better gearing for moving the 37s but to be honest the front and rear lockers were the major factor when offroading... My Ram is just a daily driver and will be used for the occasional dirt road but living in Missouri now there aren't many crazy offroading areas that I know about. I think the hardest thing the truck will have to do is tow my dart to and from the shop when I start to rebuild it and get it painted. I am about to start assembling parts for a 408 stroker motor and then paint when the motor is done.

Thanks!

FYI- I won't be doing the lift on the truck myself, I'll pay a shop to do it. I did the lifts in my jeeps (5 total in the 4 years I hat them) but with the air suspension I would rather if something broke on the air system while doing the install the shop be responsible for fixing it.

Edited to add pictures for reference. View attachment 106659 View attachment 106660

Users who are viewing this thread