5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5THGENRAM owner.

AR15556

Reaction score
Picked up my 2019 Rebel yesterday. Traded in. 2015 Larime on this beast. So far I have driven it about 100km and have noticed 2 separate issues. I will call my sales guy on Monday but for a brand new $70K truck, I am less then impressed with the quality. Issue 1, there is is awful wind noise that seems to be coming from the passenger front seat area. Almost like the the window is cracked down just a bit. It is super annoying. Issue 2, the factory soft tonneau is of very poor quality. Had to pull over on the side of the road to lock 3 of the clamps down. It really is a poor fit. But, I am happy to be here.....

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I’ve heard several people complain about the factory tonneau covers. Now as far as the passenger wind noise, there may be a TSB that someone can assist you with about that.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried soft tonneau one time and hated it. Made all kinds of noise flapping. Went with a hard retractable and haven't looked back.

Hope you get the wind noise figured out. I had one little noise on mine and got it cured. Now it's awesome. Hope the same for you.

PatriotBlue2019

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new Rebel. Hope you get those issues fixed...the only thing you should be doing with your new truck is making all your friends jealous.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my 2019 Rebel yesterday. Traded in. 2015 Larime on this beast. So far I have driven it about 100km and have noticed 2 separate issues. I will call my sales guy on Monday but for a brand new $70K truck, I am less then impressed with the quality. Issue 1, there is is awful wind noise that seems to be coming from the passenger front seat area. Almost like the the window is cracked down just a bit. It is super annoying. Issue 2, the factory soft tonneau is of very poor quality. Had to pull over on the side of the road to lock 3 of the clamps down. It really is a poor fit. But, I am happy to be here.....

I hope you have better luck. My brothers truck had the wind noise. The dealer fixed it easily. I believe it was a weatherstripping issue. He also has the mopar tonneau cover and it fits very poorly. Not sure what can be done about that. You can always sell it and buy an aftermarket one. I have an access cover and am pleased with it.

Brain h

Reaction score
Hey..just wondering if you've come aca cure for your wind noise issue...my limited has this problem

bw33

Reaction score
I have a 2019 limited and have terrible wind noise as well. At first I thought one of kids didn't close their door all the way or had cracked the window open. The noise started just on the passenger side but now is also on the driver's side. The noice is bad enough at highway speeds that I just don't want to drive it for more than. 20 minutes at a time. Dealer said to drop it off to them and they'll try and replicate the problem during a test-drive

Brain h

Reaction score
I have a 2019 limited and have terrible wind noise as well. At first I thought one of kids didn't close their door all the way or had cracked the window open. The noise started just on the passenger side but now is also on the driver's side. The noice is bad enough at highway speeds that I just don't want to drive it for more than. 20 minutes at a time. Dealer said to drop it off to them and they'll try and replicate the problem during a test-drive
Any news on this?

Users who are viewing this thread