5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5th Gen Owner, Uconnect Issues

U

User_131817

I just upgraded from my '16 Ram 2500 to a '20 Ram 2500. I was really excited to have Android Auto in this newer truck!

After connecting my Pixel 6 Pro, I can't receive messages (text) or even see any texts in the list on the truck's screen... It just says no messages. Which is very incorrect.

On my wife's Edge with Android Auto, I can use messages, see the message list, and even actively use Facebook Messenger.

I can't seem to find any way to enable any of this on this truck, please give me any tips you have!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just upgraded from my '16 Ram 2500 to a '20 Ram 2500. I was really excited to have Android Auto in this newer truck!

After connecting my Pixel 6 Pro, I can't receive messages (text) or even see any texts in the list on the truck's screen... It just says no messages. Which is very incorrect.

On my wife's Edge with Android Auto, I can use messages, see the message list, and even actively use Facebook Messenger.

I can't seem to find any way to enable any of this on this truck, please give me any tips you have!
Need to make sure your phone connection to truck is set up to allow Uconnect to have access to messages and contact list. Should be a setting on your phone. There is usually a pop up message on my phone after connection asking me if I want to allow Uconnect access. should I ky be a one time setting, but I've had the truck delete my phone for some reason and have to reconnect

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
All those are enabled. Got any other ideas?
I have a 1500 not a 2500 but I think it is similar.

You have a 2020 so that would be uconnect4.
UC4 only supports hardwired Android Auto.

There's a couple of things you can check.

* If you want to verify Android Auto is working connect with the cable and open up AA so you can see the mobile version's of your phone's screen.

* Check that the messaging app is the same that you are using on your phone. For example I use Textra, so if I open the "messages" app it would show nothing.

* Try sending a text to your phone from your wife's when connected and if you have a notification on your truck's screen while AA is showing.

If that doesn't work then try to remove Android Auto pairing and bluetooth on the truck's head unit under device manager and try to pair via Bluetooth WITHOUT using a cable, and then attempt to see messages NOT via AA but via the messages screen on the truck's radio when connected to BT (double check the permissions in the picture I posted when re-pairing with Bluetooth). You will sometimes get a message to allow contacts\text messages on your phone, check it off to say remember and click allow.

Depending on what you get with those should give you an idea of what part isn't working.

Wwbar

Reaction score
I also just found a new setting after AA wouldn't respond after hardwiring a Pixel 7 Pro. From the screen, Uconnect | Settings | Phone/Bluetooth | Smartphone project manager | Smartphone Device Manager. Check that option. Connect your phone with a cable and have BT connected to UConnect. AA started right up for me! Hadn't worked for a couple months until today.

Users who are viewing this thread