5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3500--How to stop the Trip Timer?

Buckrub

Reaction score
Minor question, I know. But driving me nuts. Nothing in manual, nothing on internet, may not even be possible.

Brand new 3500 Ram Dually Cummins H.O. with Aisin. 2 days old. Learning all the display options. Traded in a Duramax 3500 dually. Tow a 5th wheel.

I can easily see how to reset the two Trip Info mileages. But there are 3 pieces of info on each and the third is a TIMER. When I reset the Trip Mileage on either/both back to zero, the Timer goes to zero for a second then starts timing again. I don't want it on, no reason for it to keep running. I can NOT turn it off. argghhh.

New here, not sure if this is right spot or not. Technically, it's not on the 12" screen, it's on the small screen above steering wheel.

???

Buckrub

Reaction score
Also (he asks very sheepishly), I have a ScanGauge to plug in to the OBD port. It was pretty danged visible on the Duramax. But I've stood on my head and can't see it. I admit I'm old. (and I SAID I was sheepish about asking)...........LOL

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also (he asks very sheepishly), I have a ScanGauge to plug in to the OBD port. It was pretty danged visible on the Duramax. But I've stood on my head and can't see it. I admit I'm old. (and I SAID I was sheepish about asking)...........LOL
You could get an OBD extension cable.

Users who are viewing this thread