5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3.5 RC Lift, CV throwing grease.

robertsws

Reaction score
I have a rebel, 2.5 rough country in the front, 1.5 RC in the back, so effectively 3.5 & 2.5. Just finished the install and took it out and I'm throwing grease from the front P/S CV. Gonna clean it up and see if the boot tore. If it's just a clamp issue, I'm thinking of going with a worm gear clamp from Autozone. Not optimal but I hear they work. Any input from you guys?

Attachments

• grease.jpg
    grease.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Rough Country and Readylift both state on their sites you are not supposed use the entire 3.5" lift in the front on Rebels and Rams with the Off Road Package. Puts the CVs and UCA ball joints and bad angles.

robertsws

Reaction score
Rough Country and Readylift both state on their sites you are not supposed use the entire 3.5" lift in the front on Rebels and Rams with the Off Road Package. Puts the CVs and UCA ball joints and bad angles.
From my understanding, they are referring to using their 3.5 inch lift, in additional to the rebel's 1 inch lift. Thus, a total of 4.5. That's not what I have here. I really just have 2.5inch leveling kit with rough country uppers to mitigate any "bad" geometry at my upper ball joint.

Last edited:

robertsws

Reaction score
Talked to the Dealership. They said to bring it in and if the tear is representative of the TSB, they will take care of it. They said the lift will not cancel the TSB.

Morenar

Reaction score
Talked to the Dealership. They said to bring it in and if the tear is representative of the TSB, they will take care of it. They said the lift will not cancel the TSB.
Would be awesome to hear if they acknowledge the TSB even though it's for the 6.2L only.

robertsws

Reaction score
Would be awesome to hear if they acknowledge the TSB even though it's for the 6.2L only.

The dealership covered the repair. To clarify, apparently the TSB is for 2021 model 1500's, not just the 6.2L TRX. My Rebel is a late model 2020, one of the last to roll off the line before the 2021's. When they ran my VIN, it was on the list they said.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealership covered the repair. To clarify, apparently the TSB is for 2021 model 1500's, not just the 6.2L TRX. My Rebel is a late model 2020, one of the last to roll off the line before the 2021's. When they ran my VIN, it was on the list they said.
Yeah, there was a short period last year where they had Edward Scissorhands installing the CV boots. Once they figured out what was happening, they moved him out, and over to the tire installation area. That didn’t work out either, but it’s really hard to fire people in Union Country. So long story short, he’s now cutting in floor carpeting, and that’s going ok.

Users who are viewing this thread