5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 24x10 Vossen HF6-1 with 305/35r24 tires

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Have you installed the shocks yet?
Nope, not yet. I’m still trying to get a confirmation that the QA1 option will work. I’m getting mixed info in this forum. Waiting for a buddy of mine to confirm a theory that I have. I believe that the QA1 (TD903) wouldn’t work for our 4-corner systems. The 903’s are still too shallow at 14.88in compressed/19.25in ride height. Honestly in my opinion, they really don’t work for any 5th Gen 1500’s trying to get really low. Ferraiolo1 is right about the 5100’s. The 5100’s (BIL24-185684) measure at 12.87in Compressed/16.68 ride height which is damn close to what I measured on my truck. I’m going to ask QA1 soon (when I have enough time to wait on hold with QA1) if they have anything that lines ups with what I’ve gathered.

Last edited:

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Nope, not yet. I’m still trying to get a confirmation that the QA1 option will work. I’m getting mixed info in this forum. Waiting for a buddy of mine to confirm a theory that I have. I believe that the QA1 (TD903) wouldn’t work for our 4-corner systems. The 903’s are still too shallow at 14.88in compressed/19.25in ride height. Honestly in my opinion, they really don’t work for any 5th Gen 1500’s trying to get really low. Ferraiolo1 is right about the 5100’s. The 5100’s (BIL24-185684) measure at 12.87in Compressed/16.68 ride height which is damn close to what I measured on my truck. I’m going to ask QA1 soon (when I have enough time to wait on hold with QA1) if they have anything that lines ups with what I’ve gathered.After putting the truck on the l
Just got off the phone with QA1 and after tossing it around a bit, I'm going to order the TD902's. It's really close to the TD903's and honestly still might bottom out but only at Entry/Exit mode. By going with the TD902's you'll still have the range going up to off-road 1 & 2. Any lower and we'll lose those height adjustments. The TD903's would work but you still have a change to bottom out in aero mode. My shock length currently at the chosen ride height (normal mode) is 18.28 inches. To find your measurement, take a tap measure and measure from the bottom of the stud (top of shock) to the center of the eyelet (bottom of shock)

The TD903's spec out to a compressed length of 15.50in, extended to 24.13in, ride height is 19.75in.

The TD902's spec out to a compressed length of 14.38in, extended to 23.13in, ride height is 18.75in.

Both options are double adjustable to help tune to ride quality.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bpebler, when your ready to purchase your wheels, hit me up. I got a business associate who speaks directly to Vossen. Literally just a blocks away from their location in Miami FL. I’ve owned a few sets of Vossens. Truthfully, I gotta start getting rid of some of wheels, they’re taking over my garage.

I think I’m about ready for those wheels if your business associate is able to hook me up with Vossen. I do have one & only one local shop who is a Vossen distributor who I’ve used for tint a couple times & have emailed Vossen but it would be sweet to get a deal if possible. I drive 5k per month on average so I’m thinking I should at least get the wheels & then order tires when they are close to being at the end of their life so I don’t run into any lead time issues or any other “life” things pop up bc we all know they do anyway.

outnumbered

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with QA1 and after tossing it around a bit, I'm going to order the TD902's. It's really close to the TD903's and honestly still might bottom out but only at Entry/Exit mode. By going with the TD902's you'll still have the range going up to off-road 1 & 2. Any lower and we'll lose those height adjustments. The TD903's would work but you still have a change to bottom out in aero mode. My shock length currently at the chosen ride height (normal mode) is 18.28 inches. To find your measurement, take a tap measure and measure from the bottom of the stud (top of shock) to the center of the eyelet (bottom of shock)

The TD903's spec out to a compressed length of 15.50in, extended to 24.13in, ride height is 19.75in.

The TD902's spec out to a compressed length of 14.38in, extended to 23.13in, ride height is 18.75in.

Both options are double adjustable to help tune to ride quality.
Did you get the shocks on yet?

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Did you get the shocks on yet?
Yes, they’re installed. I’ll post pictures up when I’m under the truck again.

Unfortunately, the truck still bottomed out. This time because of the bump stops inside the factory rear bags. So, I’ve ordered a set of rear air bags from timber grove and might need to get core 4x4 rear arms after this.

As soon as I got this truck dialed in without issues I’ll finally post up the parts required.

Flufdk’s post is definitely on the right track. He used Firestone F9000’s rear bags with 3d printed top and bottom plates matching the factory design. Pretty cool actually! It’s a solid direction to go but after speaking to Steven Smith at timber grove about different rear bag options and Flufdk’s 3d printing method I’ve decided to just buy a rear bag setup that lowered the truck and as a added bonus, could take a higher payload while still riding 4-inches lower than factory. Nothing wrong with Flufdk’s approach but if I’m switching out bags now, might as well bump up the payload and towing capabilities. Simply, taking advantage while I’m under there. After all, this is going to be the truck to keep for a few years. The plan is to hand down the truck to my son when he needs his first vehicle.

Last edited:

outnumbered

Reaction score

Unfortunately, the truck still bottomed out. This time because of the bump stops inside the factory rear bags. So, I’ve ordered a set of rear air bags from timber grove and might need to get core 4x4 rear arms after this.

As soon as I got this truck dialed in without issues I’ll finally post up the parts required.

Flufdk’s post is definitely on the right track. He used Firestone F9000’s rear bags with 3d printed top and bottom plates matching the factory design. Pretty cool actually! It’s a solid direction to go but after speaking to Steven Smith at timber grove about different rear bag options and Flufdk’s 3d printing method I’ve decided to just buy a rear bag setup that lowered the truck and as a added bonus, could take a higher payload while still riding 4-inches lower than factory. Nothing wrong with Flufdk’s approach but if I’m switching out bags now, might as well bump up the payload and towing capabilities. Simply, taking advantage while I’m under there. After all, this is going to be the truck to keep for a few years. The plan is to hand down the truck to my son when he needs his first vehicle.
Thanks for the update. I was just about to order the QA1's, but will wait until you get this sorted out.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What a damn amazing first vehicle to have!! Great dad move. 😎 If he ever decides to switch into something different I hope he still keeps the Ram. 1 for sentimental value, & 2 bc I think we all know firsthand that once you get out of something so enjoyable to drive you can’t wait to get back into it. I told my son he could have the custom Jeep but not the Ram. He said he wants something better. He’s 6. 😆

I plan on keeping mine & replacing engine/trans/etc - anything it ever needs over it’s life. I hope to pay it down quickly enough to pickup the 2023 gen Civic Type R as one of my backups to the Ram.

outnumbered

Reaction score

Any further progress on the lowering effort?

1LowTrk

Reaction score
So far, I’ve added Core 4x4 rear control arms to help with the alignment and it also helped relieve the truck from bottoming out. I’m ordering BellTech lowering spindles next.

outnumbered

Reaction score
So far, I’ve added Core 4x4 rear control arms to help with the alignment and it also helped relieve the truck from bottoming out. I’m ordering BellTech lowering spindles next.
Looking good! I'm removing the stock bump stops tomorrow and adding shorter Belltech's, and then installing much shorter McGaughy shocks. If needed, I have also ordered shock extenders to assist with range.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Belltech Lowering spindles won't fit your truck. They are for 2wd and vehicles originally equipped with 20 inch wheels

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I’ve ordered a set of rear air bags from timber grove
Do those timber grove bags use the factory air lines and compressor? Is it a sealed system that you had to refill after disconnecting the air lines or anything like that? I'm almost definitely going to do your same setup and get these bags, adjustable control arms and add an adustable panhard while i'm at it and I already have Revel links. On a related note... it was SO much easier to lower my wife's Audi with air ride with just the lowering links, lol. Darn trucks and their huge rake!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you guys also checked out the build by @Rock Crawler ? He has a thread made on it. Very nice looking & sturdy setup.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Have you guys also checked out the build by @Rock Crawler ? He has a thread made on it. Very nice looking & sturdy setup.
I just did but most of the stuff doesn't apply to us with factory air ride and 4WD (or 22" stock wheels in the case of the Belltech spindles). Definitely a great thread and great info, but I'm more interested in the best options for lowering on factory air. There is another thread with more custom work done here. But I'm hoping someone comes out with a full kit for factory air ride some day, lol.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m with ya! Would even be nice to have a Mopar option rear level instead of just their front leveling kit. If I didn’t have factory air I’d go the Timber Grove route like 1lowtrk & RockKrawler.

Clv22p

Reaction score
From what I have seen the revel links are about the only option for lowering a factory air truck.

I do think you could do the spindles and get 2 inches out of the front if you swapped the wheel hubs as well as long as you have a 2wd.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I’m with ya! Would even be nice to have a Mopar option rear level instead of just their front leveling kit. If I didn’t have factory air I’d go the Timber Grove route like 1lowtrk & RockKrawler.

Right! It's SO ****ing stupid that the truck sits raked on air ride. The whole "point" of the rake is for trucks with coil springs to absorb more weight before hitting the bumpstop. If the damn thing has air ride that self-levels, there is ZERO reason for the rake. Manufacturers seem to think everyone just loves rake....

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right! It's SO ****ing stupid that the truck sits raked on air ride. The whole "point" of the rake is for trucks with coil springs to absorb more weight before hitting the bumpstop. If the damn thing has air ride that self-levels, there is ZERO reason for the rake. Manufacturers seem to think everyone just loves rake....

Even at the very least there should be a toggle setting that allows for level. Watch it come out next couple years now that we say it. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread