5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 24x10 Vossen HF6-1 with 305/35r24 tires

outnumbered

Reaction score
Furthermore, the ride at a lower setting in "Aero" mode is rough. I need to cut my bumpstops down. However, with that said, I use Aero for smoother highways and Normal for riding around with the wife. If I have a truck full of people, I go up to Off Road 1.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I had -18 before these vossens. Even with the factory flares, they stuck out around an inch. 0 would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outnumbered

Reaction score
Yeah I had -18 before these vossens. Even with the factory flares, they stuck out around an inch. 0 would be perfect.

I should have asked that question before I ordered mine.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't. The OP mentioned theirs was set to Entry/Exit for the pic, so I did the same to show the difference in the rear. I put mine in that mode when parked. But like you, I wish I could get it to stay there. But the ride would be terrible.

I thought the same thing but when mine was stuck on extra/exit mode for a few weeks & a couple thousand miles for work it actually rode great!

outnumbered

Reaction score
I thought the same thing but when mine was stuck on extra/exit mode for a few weeks & a couple thousand miles for work it actually rode great!
Then it sounds like we need to figure out how to override the system.

1LowTrk

Reaction score
After lots of adjustments and trial and errors, I feel I got enough info and measurements for a in depth write up to share with everyone here on this forum. My question is should I keep the write up on here or post on a new thread? For now, here are a few picture of my truck at the moment. I got a few more questions and lots of answers to discuss when it comes to lowering a ram with a factory 4-corner suspension.

Shout out to everyone on this thread so far. You've all have been a big help. Thanks.

Here are some pictures in Aero Mode.

Attachments

• Aero (1).jpg
    Aero (1).jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Aero (2).jpg
    Aero (2).jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 83

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Thanks Outnumbered! Just found Ferraiolo1’s YouTube video from 4+ months ago when he lowered his Ram. He mentions switching out the rear shocks to some bilstein 5100’s off a ford ranger. I believe that’s going to be my next step. It looks to me that after switching to much smaller bump stops (BellTech 4922) which are 1.26" Tall x 2.5" OD, they seems to allow the rear to drop a bit more then the (BellTech 4923) bump stops mention in this thread earlier. The 4923’s are indeed shorter than the factory bump stops but it’s the first thing to make contact when adjusting your revel links to the lowest adjustment. After switching bump stops (4922), the truck got lower and wants to go even lower but now the ride is compromised because the shock is bottoming out. I’m willing to try switching to the rear shocks Ferraiolo1 mention. Just wish he shared a part number. Is it the front shocks or the rear shocks of the ranger that worked? What year? Etc.

This reminds me of a similar situation I had with my Infiniti G35 when I bagged it then. I got my coupe to go 2 inches lower when switching to Tokico d-spec rear shocks made for a 350z. At a time when I was with Nissan, I was able to compare the shock length of both rear shocks. Damn, I miss that car.

Here are some pictures of the removal of the factory rear bump stops and some with the BellTech 4923 bump stops which in my opinion are too long. If you like the pictures of the Black Ram posted above, then the 4923‘s will work. If you wanna get the rear lower, I’ll keep you guys posted.

I’ll take some new pictures of the new bump stops and new shock soon.

Attachments

• 58DD1F80-550F-49DD-B590-99641DCE05A4.jpeg
    58DD1F80-550F-49DD-B590-99641DCE05A4.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2F2A591F-1CC7-4FDA-8F58-A1DB6DD8A988.jpeg
    2F2A591F-1CC7-4FDA-8F58-A1DB6DD8A988.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 45BB6A58-69E5-4A5B-831A-1FCF832AC320.jpeg
    45BB6A58-69E5-4A5B-831A-1FCF832AC320.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 599B7554-D524-4FD5-BCF4-F1DA13367935.jpeg
    599B7554-D524-4FD5-BCF4-F1DA13367935.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

1LowTrk

Reaction score
I’m a jacka*s, I just found the thread Ferraiolo1 mentioned. Here’s the suggested Bilatein 5100 he mentioned.

Rear Bilstein 5100 shocks from a early 90s ford ranger. P/N 24-185684, ASIN # B004WO9JK2

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I vote for keeping it here since you already have the following - maybe add something to the thread name at the end to let people know you have more build info.

I appreciate you keeping us all up to date! I’m looking forward to getting the same wheel except 20x10 super deep profile & leaning towards either tinted black or matte gunmetal. I really wish Mopar offered something as similar as their front leveling kit with Fox shocks but for dropping the rear air suspension to achieve level.

1LowTrk

Reaction score
I vote for keeping it here since you already have the following - maybe add something to the thread name at the end to let people know you have more build info.

I appreciate you keeping us all up to date! I’m looking forward to getting the same wheel except 20x10 super deep profile & leaning towards either tinted black or matte gunmetal. I really wish Mopar offered something as similar as their front leveling kit with Fox shocks but for dropping the rear air suspension to achieve level.
You can’t go wrong with any of those colors. I’m planning on later to repaint my wheels to paint match the color code on my Ram. Those flakes on the black is 🔥

Personally, I’m biases. The gloss black would make your truck look like a storm trooper or a space shuttle.

I’ve always liked the murdered out look and Ram really made it easy to capture it with just a few tweaks. My kids wanna buy me a small jar of dirt to keep in the car and call me Jack Sparrow when I’m driving my Ram. LoL.

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Bpebler, when your ready to purchase your wheels, hit me up. I got a business associate who speaks directly to Vossen. Literally just a blocks away from their location in Miami FL. I’ve owned a few sets of Vossens. Truthfully, I gotta start getting rid of some of wheels, they’re taking over my garage.

Attachments

• E09A5A1A-EC02-4302-8C9E-0636F81839FC.jpeg
    E09A5A1A-EC02-4302-8C9E-0636F81839FC.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 30
  • A7CF0150-8EE7-4B19-B51A-3DBAE9FC046B.jpeg
    A7CF0150-8EE7-4B19-B51A-3DBAE9FC046B.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 3F18E0A5-5074-448D-B3EF-1EB978650866.jpeg
    3F18E0A5-5074-448D-B3EF-1EB978650866.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 30

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I’m a jacka*s, I just found the thread Ferraiolo1 mentioned. Here’s the suggested Bilatein 5100 he mentioned.

Rear Bilstein 5100 shocks from a early 90s ford ranger. P/N 24-185684, ASIN # B004WO9JK2

Don’t forget you have to change the bushings on them though.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can’t go wrong with any of those colors. I’m planning on later to repaint my wheels to paint match the color code on my Ram. Those flakes on the black is 🔥

Personally, I’m biases. The gloss black would make your truck look like a storm trooper or a space shuttle.

I’ve always liked the murdered out look and Ram really made it easy to capture it with just a few tweaks. My kids wanna buy me a small jar of dirt to keep in the car and call me Jack Sparrow when I’m driving my Ram. LoL.

Hahaha, kids are funny - gotta love ‘em.

I really like the gloss black as well & feel they always accentuate the vehicle nicely. Only reason I wouldn’t select them this time is bc I’ve had so many gloss & matte black wheels & vehicles already. I’ve had 5 all black “murdered out” vehicles that I can remember & most recently the 21 Laramie that I just came from. I’m a traveling commercial flat roofing inspector & thought going white will be cooler in the summertime & be easier to keep clean - especially with driving 60k a year, even the ceramic coatings won’t hold up to that much on road use per year. Although, I’m going to try a professional application from a company after I get the wheels to see if it really holds up any better. The colors is what I’m hung up on the most tho! There’s a white Raptor with matte gunmetal Vossen’s that makes me rethink the 2-tone gloss black & tinted machined face - although with the 2-tone I always have the option of trying new colors on the tinted face with Plastidip like gloss gunmetal, gloss black, dark bronze, etc. I think the Terra bronze is too light of a hue from Vossen but still looks great on some vehicles. Torn!!

I will absolutely take you up on the wheel offer as well, thanks!! I sold my 99 Trans Am to get back into the import world after test driving the Civic Type R & Integra A-Spec & was thoroughly impressed. You have some good looking imports yourself with those Infinity’s!

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Don’t forget you have to change the bushings on them though.

Ferraiolo1, What are your thoughts on QA1 adjustable shocks vs. going with the Bilsteins?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Had of known they were available I probably would have bought them. Hit the 5100s we’re a good cheapish option.

I really don’t hate how it rides which surprises me. I thought I was gonna want to put the belltech coil overs on it next year. But I’m not gonna mess with it

outnumbered

Reaction score
Thanks Outnumbered! Just found Ferraiolo1’s YouTube video from 4+ months ago when he lowered his Ram. He mentions switching out the rear shocks to some bilstein 5100’s off a ford ranger. I believe that’s going to be my next step. It looks to me that after switching to much smaller bump stops (BellTech 4922) which are 1.26" Tall x 2.5" OD, they seems to allow the rear to drop a bit more then the (BellTech 4923) bump stops mention in this thread earlier. The 4923’s are indeed shorter than the factory bump stops but it’s the first thing to make contact when adjusting your revel links to the lowest adjustment. After switching bump stops (4922), the truck got lower and wants to go even lower but now the ride is compromised because the shock is bottoming out. I’m willing to try switching to the rear shocks Ferraiolo1 mention. Just wish he shared a part number. Is it the front shocks or the rear shocks of the ranger that worked? What year? Etc.

This reminds me of a similar situation I had with my Infiniti G35 when I bagged it then. I got my coupe to go 2 inches lower when switching to Tokico d-spec rear shocks made for a 350z. At a time when I was with Nissan, I was able to compare the shock length of both rear shocks. Damn, I miss that car.

Here are some pictures of the removal of the factory rear bump stops and some with the BellTech 4923 bump stops which in my opinion are too long. If you like the pictures of the Black Ram posted above, then the 4923‘s will work. If you wanna get the rear lower, I’ll keep you guys posted.

I’ll take some new pictures of the new bump stops and new shock soon.
Have you installed the shocks yet?

Users who are viewing this thread