5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 22" Wheels - Sell or Keep?

Reaction score
Good day everyone - I ordered my 2021 Laramie with the Night Edition Package a couple weeks ago. The only thing that's bothering me is the practicality of the 22" wheels that come with the package. I live in a Colorado ski town, lots of in town driving, occasional dirt roads, no real off roading, I might consider using the truck as a support vehicle for a White Rim biking trip at some point, although I'm not sure I should do that with 22" wheels/tires.

I'll tow a pop up camper, landscaping trailer and occasionally rent a scissors lift or some other mildly heavy piece of equipment, load of gravel, etc for our property management business. Basically it's a mulch hauler or a pavement princess that I'll occasionally use as an actual work truck.

My question - If I bought new 18" wheels and tires (black of course) and had them put on at the dealership, will the new 22s have any value, or a value comparable to the new 18" set up. Or am I just over-thinking this issue and I should keep the OE? Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts on the question. Doug

Laramie.jpg

moparleo51

Reaction score
well, i like the look of the black rebel wheels, so i put a set on my ram, i have the factory 22`s shown in picture. i might put my 22`s on for the summer but not sure yet. i too would want to know if these is a demand for these factory wheels.

Attachments

• 20210303_144753.jpg
    20210303_144753.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 116

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I've seen multiple sets of the factory 22" takeoffs sell for around $1500-$2000...as far as being worried about hauling stuff with the 22s no, not an issue at all, there are highly qualified engineers designing these vehicles, if that were a problem they wouldn't come from the factory with 22s

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've seen multiple sets of the factory 22" takeoffs sell for around $1500-$2000...as far as being worried about hauling stuff with the 22s no, not an issue at all, there are highly qualified engineers designing these vehicles, if that were a problem they wouldn't come from the factory with 22s

I'm not worried about the day to day stuff with the 22s at all. It just feels a bit extravagant to me, first nice truck I've bought so maybe I just need to get used to the idea. I will use snow tires for 6 months of the year or a great all season tire year round. I'm running Toyo Open Countries on my F150 now and they are great all winter long.

Are you seeing the wheels go for $1500-2000, or is that wheels and tires?

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Wheels and factory tires

Decuchi23

Reaction score
Me personally loving the look of those wheels, I'd use those in summer with an AT tire, and a winter tire on the 18's. Just switch them over as the season changes. Though they do sell regularly around $1500 with new(ish) OEM tires.

E4Baerospace

Reaction score
Mine are for sale. 20210412_180725[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20210413_120138[1].jpg
    20210413_120138[1].jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 42

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
At first I thought the 22"s on my Limited would be way too big, but I have to admit I've grown to like the look a lot. Once I get my OC IIIs on them, they should be perfect.

Johnny5

Reaction score
So I thought I ordered the right tonneau but online it was for the new body 5'7. When I clicked the 6'4" option I didn't realize the tonneau switched to classic. Since the 6'4" isn't available on Amazon right now does anyone know any options or where I could pick up a tonneau that has the integrated toolbox underneath the front for a decent price? It could be soft roll up or quad fold. If it's a folding I'd prefer something hard that doesn't have a vinyl cover over thin plastic. The toolbox doesn't necessarily have to be integrated but just something to go underneath. It could be a hard plastic toolbox since it'd be under the cover anyway. I still have my Silverado with an 8' bed and steel box so I'll only be using the Ram for light duty

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Put a set of Nitto Grapplers. Lots of folks here run them on stock 22”s. They look great with them BTW.

moparleo51

Reaction score
if i put a set of nittos on my 22`s , what would i be able to get for the oem tires? they only have 200 miles on them. that way if i can get some money to offeset my new tires the wifey won`t get to mad.lol

BigDsLimited

Reaction score
What is largest tire you can run on the factory 22's? I was thinking 33X12.50 but is the stock offset to close and will causing rubbing? I think it would be fine at normal setting since I have air ride

Users who are viewing this thread