5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 22 Ram Laramie G/T

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
I got my 22 Ram Laramie G/T this week. First one in Minnesota we believe. It’s missing a few things from the 21 Laramie. Mostly the safety technology stuff like the surround camera, side traffic warning sensors, lane drift warning, parking assist and the amber blind spot warning lights in the mirrors. The performance exhaust isn’t much different then the stock Laramie, not what I thought it would be but it has a slight different tone to it ( my Flowmaster exhaust is going on next week). None of these things would be a deal breaker IMO but I will miss the surround camera a little and really going to miss and will take time to get used to the missing blind spot warning lights.
It also has the engine stop when at a light. Didn’t have that on my 21 and don’t really care for it on my 22. I just hit the button and ignore it.
I love it for sure!

Attachments

• 6D17F03D-BCA1-4D71-8CAE-AACD37581BB9.jpeg
    6D17F03D-BCA1-4D71-8CAE-AACD37581BB9.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 7A648A44-51AF-46D0-B80B-F6DD59BEA982.jpeg
    7A648A44-51AF-46D0-B80B-F6DD59BEA982.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: x50

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like you gave quite a bit just to get a GT sticker on the side of the truck but congrats on the new truck

Jimp1

Reaction score
I got my 22 Ram Laramie G/T this week. First one in Minnesota we believe. It’s missing a few things from the 21 Laramie. Mostly the safety technology stuff like the surround camera, side traffic warning sensors, lane drift warning, parking assist and the amber blind spot warning lights in the mirrors. The performance exhaust isn’t much different then the stock Laramie, not what I thought it would be but it has a slight different tone to it ( my Flowmaster exhaust is going on next week). None of these things would be a deal breaker IMO but I will miss the surround camera a little and really going to miss and will take time to get used to the missing blind spot warning lights.
It also has the engine stop when at a light. Didn’t have that on my 21 and don’t really care for it on my 22. I just hit the button and ignore it.
I love it for sure!
Hey Hot Rod, These really are worth the wait aren't they. You can probably sell that exhaust on here. Seems I read somebody was thinking about it. Very nice ride enjoy.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Hey Hot Rod, These really are worth the wait aren't they. You can probably sell that exhaust on here. Seems I read somebody was thinking about it. Very nice ride enjoy.
Thank you! The dealer is swapping out the Flowmaster exhaust off of my 21 to the GT and putting the GT exhaust on the 21. I do have a airflow intake off of the 21 that is the same as the GT I’m selling.

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Sounds like you gave quite a bit just to get a GT sticker on the side of the truck but congrats on the new truck
A little more than a sticker 😆! I have the E-Torque motor now, 3.92 rear I wanted, no more dial shifter!!! I am not a fan of that dial shift.🤮 Plus my numbers were great when I bought the 21 and what they gave me for it and what I paid for the GT.
Thank you, Snofire!

truckless

Reaction score
I was eyeballing the GTs for the stick.... But I just couldn't get past what I would give up with my last 4 trucks being Limiteds which were more important. But I do miss the stick....

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would Ram equip a G/T truck with eTorque, that will add an additional 90 pounds to the chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread