5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 21 Limited Night Edition

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up a 21 Limited Night to replace my 18 Rebel Black. I like black trucks. :D Has pretty much all the good stuff; tech, Level 1, Axle lock, RamBoxes (will never be able to live without them after having them on my 18), multifunction tailgate (jury's out on that one, but the wife liked it so meh). 3.92's and 33 gallon tank - why do they even make that an option, who wants less fuel!?

Loved the truck on the ride home; so many buttons in it, I feel like I'm in Darth Vader's bathroom. Love just about everything about the truck except the 22 inch wheels and low profile tires. I wish you could get the off road package on the Night edition, but oh well. Also will probably replace the soft tonneau cover (what is this, 1992?) with a Bakflip. Mileage kinda sucked, but my 18 got better over time and I was in and out of the fun pedal a lot on the way home, so hopefully it can at least match the lousy mpg of my Rebel. We don't buy these things for mileage though, amiright?

Looking forward to lurking about and learning more about these trucks.

Pic of the new and old below!

IMG_1362.jpg IMG_1356.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.
Done! Not sure which vitals you want, I couldn't find a pulse and the BP cuff wouldn't fit.

NewGuy1

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up a 21 Limited Night to replace my 18 Rebel Black. I like black trucks. :D Has pretty much all the good stuff; tech, Level 1, Axle lock, RamBoxes (will never be able to live without them after having them on my 18), multifunction tailgate (jury's out on that one, but the wife liked it so meh). 3.92's and 33 gallon tank - why do they even make that an option, who wants less fuel!?

Loved the truck on the ride home; so many buttons in it, I feel like I'm in Darth Vader's bathroom. Love just about everything about the truck except the 22 inch wheels and low profile tires. I wish you could get the off road package on the Night edition, but oh well. Also will probably replace the soft tonneau cover (what is this, 1992?) with a Bakflip. Mileage kinda sucked, but my 18 got better over time and I was in and out of the fun pedal a lot on the way home, so hopefully it can at least match the lousy mpg of my Rebel. We don't buy these things for mileage though, amiright?

View attachment 82701 View attachment 82702
What was your MSRP and what did you pay? I am looking for a black limited night Ed. with 6’4” but will likely need to build. Beautiful truck!

BigD

Reaction score
I heard the 22's don't ride as nice as the 20's. True ?

doolin64

Reaction score
I would have preferred 20s as well, but my 22s actually ride just fine. That will change soon when I level and upsize the tires.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 82701 View attachment 82702
Super nice truck! Congrats!

Plenty of threads on bigger more aggressive tires that fit without rubbing. Of course you can go rim shopping as well...!
Just remember the already below epa sticker gas mileage will drop further with 33’s or 35’s... if it matters. 🤔😗

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome fellow brother and congrats on the new truck

Awood05

Reaction score
Welcome and Congratulations!! Sweet ride!

Users who are viewing this thread