5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2024 Ram - First time towing

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I was finally able to tow my 30 foot bumper pull with the new truck and wanted to post my first impressions:

- I added a washer to the equalizer hitch, which made the ball angle down slightly, the sway was noticeably a lot less
- the shocks seemed stiffer than my 21, it could be they are newer, but noticed less rear squat
- Not sure it its the total view camera system, but I really liked that it "sensed" that I have a 30 ft trailer hitched up.
- it had a little trailer icon in the screen
- it recognized that i had blind spots when making lane changes
- love the integrated OEM trailer brakes
- gas mileage was awful, glad I have the 3.92's and 33 gal tank. :)

I really like the Hemi, since I was not ready for the new 25's yet. Has anyone had experiences with towing a sim. trailer with a new 2025 and in line 6? I have seen videos on online, but looking for real world experiences.

thanks'!

Howardlv22

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram Rebel crew cab 5.7 hemi and short bed 4x4. Tow package and tow tech package. I have a 2019 28.5ft double axle toy hauler sitting at about 6k pounds how I have it loaded and trailer is 8,600max GVWR. I use a non chain style (bars) WDH and the truck and trailer tow pretty damn amazing. I’ve been towing with hemis for years but this current setup just feels good. Maybe I got all my ducks in a row finally but loving this setup. 3.92 gears make for bad mpg but going to flagstaff az and back (few hundred miles lots of steep long climbs taking my time around 50-55mph when uphill I averaged 8.3mpg. Not terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread