5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2023 Ram had damage and repainted.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any damage should have to be disclosed by the dealer.

Bill A

Reaction score
I will keep you guys posted , talking to a attorney on Monday to see my rights. Then to the dealer after . The Carfax happens when your body shop is connected to it and reports everything billed out from your business. Salesman said they are trying to pull out the report. Not sure if that's going to work. Still need to offer me something? The paint was good, matched it really well but did not remove the Ram box and painted right thru, so I see the tape mark on the whole edge and the huge clearcoat run under the fuel door. Removed tail light and inspected the panel and everything looks good. Will see what they say. Who needs this BS when you buy new Truck!

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt it was damaged in shipping. Carfax reports are usually thru the dealer. They might have had a parking lot incident after delivery. As mentioned, if the rear corner of the bed was hit by backing up, or another vehicle hitting it, it could have been a dent or scratch around the tail light area, requiring the bed to be painted.

If Florida is a 3% state for disclosure, a $60k vehicle has an $1800 max repair.

I was purchasing a new 2016 car for my wife in 2017. The car was a left over and I got a great price on it. While they did the paperwork and cleanup, I went out to tell them not to put any dressing on the tires. It was night so they were detailing the car under fluorescent lights and I noticed the rear quarter was a different shade then the doors. I looked closer and found the rear was repainted. The dealer didn't disclose it so I cancelled the purchase. To make it right, they gave me a 2017 model for the same price.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it was damaged in shipping. Carfax reports are usually thru the dealer. They might have had a parking lot incident after delivery. As mentioned, if the rear corner of the bed was hit by backing up, or another vehicle hitting it, it could have been a dent or scratch around the tail light area, requiring the bed to be painted.

If Florida is a 3% state for disclosure, a $60k vehicle has an $1800 max repair.

I was purchasing a new 2016 car for my wife in 2017. The car was a left over and I got a great price on it. While they did the paperwork and cleanup, I went out to tell them not to put any dressing on the tires. It was night so they were detailing the car under fluorescent lights and I noticed the rear quarter was a different shade then the doors. I looked closer and found the rear was repainted. The dealer didn't disclose it so I cancelled the purchase. To make it right, they gave me a 2017 model for the same price.
Shipping damage happens all the time. I am friends with a guy who used to deliver cars from the railyard to dealerships on car haulers. Once the vehicles rolls off the truck o to dealer lots, the truck driver isn't liable for any damages. He talked about cars that had roofs almost ripped off, dropped off ramps screwing up fenders and rockers, scrapes/scratches. It happens more often than you think. And they don't pay those guys enough to care.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shipping damage happens all the time. I am friends with a guy who used to deliver cars from the railyard to dealerships on car haulers. Once the vehicles rolls off the truck o to dealer lots, the truck driver isn't liable for any damages. He talked about cars that had roofs almost ripped off, dropped off ramps screwing up fenders and rockers, scrapes/scratches. It happens more often than you think. And they don't pay those guys enough to care.
You didn't read my first sentence very well. I'm fully aware that shipping damages happen all the time, but Carfax reports aren't generated from shipping damages. Once they are considered "delivered" to the dealer, that's when Carfax reports start. You said the same thing I did with your statement, "Once the vehicles rolls off the truck o to dealer lots, the truck driver isn't liable for any damages." That's why I said it probably happened by being backed up on the lot, or run into by another vehicle while already at the dealership. If the dealership doesn't have their own body shop, they send it offsite, and that's where the Carfax came from.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't read my first sentence very well. I'm fully aware that shipping damages happen all the time, but Carfax reports aren't generated from shipping damages. Once they are considered "delivered" to the dealer, that's when Carfax reports start. You said the same thing I did with your statement, "Once the vehicles rolls off the truck o to dealer lots, the truck driver isn't liable for any damages." That's why I said it probably happened by being backed up on the lot, or run into by another vehicle while already at the dealership. If the dealership doesn't have their own body shop, they send it offsite, and that's where the Carfax came from.
If damages happen in shipping, but the truck gets dropped off at dealer with damaged it is then in the dealer to repair it. Once those wheels hit the dealer lot off the car haulers, any damages are the responsibility of the dealers to fix, even if it happensled while being delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread