5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2023 Longhorn but not new to Rams

Reaction score
Tough decision, but I just recently upgraded my Ceramic Blue 2015 Ram to a 2023 Delmonico Red Longhorn. Love the interior but not a big fan of all the exterior chrome. I'll be changing out the grill soon...just trying to decide now whether to go with black like the Night edition on the Limited or paint it body color. I'll probably powdercoat the wheels brass like I did on my last truck and any emblems I keep will be dark bronze. Look forward to learning about this new one from you guys.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2507 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2507 - Copy.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 31

N7GZN

Reaction score
I agree with you about the Longhorn grille, to me its toothy and overwhelms the rest of the front end. I have thought about swapping the Longhorn with the Limited grille, much less chrome and it is a drop in installation with the rest of the Longhorn front end.
And like you, I chose the Longhorn trim because of the interior color palette and appointments. Here on the west coast, Longhorn trim level trucks are few and far between.

Reaction score
I agree with you about the Longhorn grille, to me its toothy and overwhelms the rest of the front end. I have thought about swapping the Longhorn with the Limited grille, much less chrome and it is a drop in installation with the rest of the Longhorn front end.
And like you, I chose the Longhorn trim because of the interior color palette and appointments. Here on the west coast, Longhorn trim level trucks are few and far between.
I have all the parts to convert the grill over now (not cheap!), just need to decide on paint color. I'm going to swap out all the chrome besides the side window trim and see if I can live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread