5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 ram with paddle shifters on steering wheel.

Snowman122

Reaction score
Will we be able to swap steering wheels out for the new ones with paddle shifters?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. But I want to buy a TRX steering wheel. I have the part number and prices for the steering wheel, but they can't get me the part number for the paddle shifters? They are sure they don't come with the steering wheel. But I can't find the part anywhere. I would think it would work, we do have buttons on our steering wheels to select gears.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd wait until the 2022 GT trim 1500 trucks come out, as they will have paddle shifters. After a few of them end up in the scrap heap because people total them, buy the wheel/paddles from the salvage yard. Probably easier/cheaper than buying TRX wheel/paddles, as sometimes anything associated with a TRX ends up with a premium price tag.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should be able to order the GT Steering wheel in a few months, you will likely need some sort of module to make sure it works, maybe a reflash of some sort. But if I keep my truck for the next few years, this is likely one mod I would like to do.

We have a really good spec of ZF8 transmission, the specific version in our trucks are in some pretty high performance cars, it would be cool if we had control of the gears like they do.

I recently test drove a Toyota Corolla, and even that car had paddle shifters, and it's "shifting" a CVT transmission with simulated gears of all things. Still came in handy when braking on a hill and wanting a bit more engine braking. Love to have that in my RAM.

JdSunrise

Reaction score
I'd wait until the 2022 GT trim 1500 trucks come out, as they will have paddle shifters. After a few of them end up in the scrap heap because people total them, buy the wheel/paddles from the salvage yard. Probably easier/cheaper than buying TRX wheel/paddles, as sometimes anything associated with a TRX ends up with a premium price tag.
Good idea, looking forward possibly adding paddle shifters to my tuned eco

JdSunrise

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to this mod with my tuned ecodiesel

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depending on price, I would love to add paddle shifters as well. Hope it's not outrageous.

JdSunrise

Reaction score
Setting
Depending on price, I would love to add paddle shifters as well. Hope it's not outrageous.
how’d the bed lighting mod go? Was is a pain in the ***? And infinity tweeters to your Alphine or hardom system?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Setting

how’d the bed lighting mod go? Was is a pain in the ***? And infinity tweeters to your Alphine or hardom system?
Bed lighting wasn't bad at all. I followed a youtube video I found on how to wire them and it worked perfectly. I have the Alpine system. It make the highs much clearer, but not as loud. They are so clear that I can't listen to the volume all the way up so I don't mind losing some of that loudness.(not sure if i'm explaining that right)

JdSunrise

Reaction score
Bed lighting wasn't bad at all. I followed a youtube video I found on how to wire them and it worked perfectly. I have the Alpine system. It make the highs much clearer, but not as loud. They are so clear that I can't listen to the volume all the way up so I don't mind losing some of that loudness.(not sure if i'm explaining that right)
Sweet, I’ll search for that video, I have a Laramie with BUG, and alphine, but I ordered a limited without BUG and it has the hardom kardom. So I’m thinking about how to get lighting back there. Kinda wish I just optioned it with the BUG. But yeah that makes sense, the alphine it too boomy for my ears, when I turn it up how I want it my ears are sore minutes later. Hope the HK is better in that regard. Seems like most pale still swap out the tweeters and speakers even in that system.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Subbed, I want to see someone do this I’ve been interested in swapping in paddle shifters since the second I saw the GT’s 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread