5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 Ram 1500 Owner Trying To Get The Uconnect To Recognize A Multimedia AI Box/Device

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Anyone try the kspiv android 11 version? I just got mine but the screen just shows connected and nothing appears. I get the main menu for 1 second sometimes but goes blank again. By the looks of it I might just return it since @Darksteel165 claims they use android 9 instead of 11/12.
I have an older version and the newest version and they both work great. Their tech support will help you if you want to put in the time and effort. The symptoms sound very familiar...If you have a 12 inch Uconnect 5 radio/screen, then I suspect the USA warehouse sent you a device that does not have the most up to date software/firmware. If you have another vehicle that you could connect the box to...I would be willing to bet that it will connect and boot up correctly...and if that is the case then you most probably do not have the most up to date software/firmware. If it does boot up in another vehicle go into settings and look for a setting that says something like "version"...take a pic of that screen and through Amazon messaging with the seller KSPIV...send them that pic. If you don't want to go through the hassle of updating the box...then tell the seller you are going to send it back to Amazon or for them to send you another box (tell them the exact info about your truck and your radio display). If you bought it through Amazon, then you've got 30 days to return it...no questions asked...but believe me the seller wants to help you get it working. Also if you get it to boot up in another vehicle take a picture from the settings menu of the Android version and send that to the seller if it is not Android 11. Another option is to send the box back and purchase the MMB MAX device...it is more expensive but it should work right out of the box.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone try the kspiv android 11 version? I just got mine but the screen just shows connected and nothing appears. I get the main menu for 1 second sometimes but goes blank again. By the looks of it I might just return it since @Darksteel165 claims they use android 9 instead of 11/12.
From what it looks like you need to hit the carplay button on the bottom of your screen.
Sometimes you might just try unplugging it and plugging it back in (to restart it). I think that's just a quirk of our trucks.

Brangun

Reaction score
I have an older version and the newest version and they both work great. Their tech support will help you if you want to put in the time and effort. The symptoms sound very familiar...If you have a 12 inch Uconnect 5 radio/screen, then I suspect the USA warehouse sent you a device that does not have the most up to date software/firmware. If you have another vehicle that you could connect the box to...I would be willing to bet that it will connect and boot up correctly...and if that is the case then you most probably do not have the most up to date software/firmware. If it does boot up in another vehicle go into settings and look for a setting that says something like "version"...take a pic of that screen and through Amazon messaging with the seller KSPIV...send them that pic. If you don't want to go through the hassle of updating the box...then tell the seller you are going to send it back to Amazon or for them to send you another box (tell them the exact info about your truck and your radio display). If you bought it through Amazon, then you've got 30 days to return it...no questions asked...but believe me the seller wants to help you get it working. Also if you get it to boot up in another vehicle take a picture from the settings menu of the Android version and send that to the seller if it is not Android 11. Another option is to send the box back and purchase the MMB MAX device...it is more expensive but it should work right out of the box.
Unfortunately I don't have another vehicle I can test it on. Maybe I'll borrow a friends car and hopefully it will work on theirs. Thank you for your help.

Brangun

Reaction score
From what it looks like you need to hit the carplay button on the bottom of your screen.
Sometimes you might just try unplugging it and plugging it back in (to restart it). I think that's just a quirk of our trucks.
I pressed the carplay button, but it just flashes the main menu for 1 second and goes blank. I also restarted it like 20 times haha. Might just return it and look for something else. Thank you for your reply.

Ram202190

Reaction score
I have UC5 and just got the KSPIV multimedia box but won’t connect. Can anyone help??

Ram202190

Reaction score
What do you mean wont connect?
When I plug mine it it boots up in around 15 seconds and takes over the screen.
Literally nothing happens! As if I didn’t even plug it in! The lights on the dongle turn on when I plug it in but that’s about it. I did connect it to my phone.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Literally nothing happens! As if I didn’t even plug it in! The lights on the dongle turn on when I plug it in but that’s about it. I did connect it to my phone.
There is nothing to connect on your phone to start, that might be the problem.

Turn off bluetooth on your phone and then plug the box into your truck.

Ram202190

Reaction score
Try plugging the box into another vehicle and if the results are the same...then you have a bad box or bad USB cable.
I tried in a Nissan but nothing happened. Must be defective. Reached out let’s see what happens.

doubleD

Reaction score
Both box manufacturers...KSPIV and MMB work great...and as I mentioned in earlier comments...the KSPIV is the only box I have experience with that will work with other Bluetooth hardware besides phones and music devices. Both box manufacturers have excellent tech support. If you are a little tech savvy the KSPIV people will send you an Android 12 update...free of charge...you just have to ask them for it...they did it for me. (Yes...those are the 2 boxes I have...and I also have the new KSPIV Android 12 box also)
Just bought the kspiv does not work with uconnect 5!

Users who are viewing this thread