5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 ram 1500 laramie on order

Tjclark0810

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 1500 4x4 laramie with the southwest edition package, laramie level 2, off road package. How do I know if my back seats recline? I went to a dealership today and seen a laramie with the southwest edition but a level 1 package and it was a 4x2 with no reclining seats. This might be a deal breaker for me cause this really sold me the truck plus other thing but I really want this feature. I have a Vin and the von this is a picture of my poc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-160915_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-160915_Samsung Notes.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 44

gbledsoe3

Reaction score
Well, package on the order says level II not “2”. There is a difference and I’ve been told the reclining rear seats are part of level “2” not “II”.

My order is similar to your but I ordered the Night Edition not the Southwest Edition. I too ordered the 6’4” bed on March 29 I’m still waiting for the build to be scheduled.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2022 1500 4x4 laramie with the southwest edition package, laramie level 2, off road package. How do I know if my back seats recline? I went to a dealership today and seen a laramie with the southwest edition but a level 1 package and it was a 4x2 with no reclining seats. This might be a deal breaker for me cause this really sold me the truck plus other thing but I really want this feature. I have a Vin and the von this is a picture of my poc
That is strange. My 2021 Laramie with the Southwest / Level A has them. I hadn’t heard anything about reclining seats being deleted from the Laramie trim for 2022.

Maybe search (Autotrader or Ram Trucks) for a recently built Laramie southwest edition with Level 2 and pull the build sheet using the vin on this website to see if reclining seats are included:

That is how I was able to figure out if I was getting a 23 or 26 gallon tank with my truck. But I also used Ram Chat to confirm my build would have the 26 gallon tank. They had to escalate the issue, but I ultimately got an answer.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only way to know for sure is to see what your build sheet shows once the truck has been completed. Put your VIN in the tracker and then, when the BS and WS are available, they will be posted.

biohazard

Reaction score
The only way to know for sure is to see what your build sheet shows once the truck has been completed. Put your VIN in the tracker and then, when the BS and WS are available, they will be posted.

+1.
Reclining back seats are usually included with Laramie Level I, but there are a few Level I's out there that don't have them.
I think it mostly has to do with that they have on hand at the factory.

KMWISINSKI

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 Laramie (Off Road Group, Night Edition, Level II Equipment Group) on 6/20/22. I too wanted and was expecting the rear reclining seats (sales code CAK) as they were advertised in the Ram Build and Price website and the the internal Ram Code Guide as being part of the Level II Equipment Group and also in the Night Edition Package. I was disappointed to find that they were not included in the vehicle that I received. The dealer said Ram removed the reclining seats from the package- most likely because they were not available, or in my opinion, allocated/prioritized to higher margin vehicles (I work at a facility that sees these vehicles all day and the Limiteds and Longhorns coming in from the factory all have them). I seriously contemplated not taking the vehicle and trying to reorder a 23MY vehicle, but who's to say that Ram does not do this again on this or another option? Ram knows that if the customer does not take the vehicle, the dealer can easily sell the truck. I hope your vehicle comes in with all the content you ordered.

Erikh

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 Laramie (Off Road Group, Night Edition, Level II Equipment Group) on 6/20/22. I too wanted and was expecting the rear reclining seats (sales code CAK) as they were advertised in the Ram Build and Price website and the the internal Ram Code Guide as being part of the Level II Equipment Group and also in the Night Edition Package. I was disappointed to find that they were not included in the vehicle that I received. The dealer said Ram removed the reclining seats from the package- most likely because they were not available, or in my opinion, allocated/prioritized to higher margin vehicles (I work at a facility that sees these vehicles all day and the Limiteds and Longhorns coming in from the factory all have them). I seriously contemplated not taking the vehicle and trying to reorder a 23MY vehicle, but who's to say that Ram does not do this again on this or another option? Ram knows that if the customer does not take the vehicle, the dealer can easily sell the truck. I hope your vehicle comes in with all the content you ordered.
Did your truck come with heated rear seats?

-K2-

Reaction score
We have been fighting a paint issue on a loaded to the gills 2021 Laramie and had worked to a point they'd replace it with a 2022. Except for the loss of paint options, the Mountain Brown leather interior (a biggie for us...which it's not so much a supply issue, but streamlining options), they delivered a truck with everything else (best as we could tell), including the reclining/heated rear seat package. Unfortunately, the paint was scratched to primer all over the hood, large grease smudges on headliner, etc. So, refused it, they ordered another. Now, two months later, it's missing the rear reclining, heated, and large rear seat fold down console (has some tiny thing that flips down)...but it's worse than that.

Of what we could find (out of the thousands of parts and features we're forced to discover ourselves), they removed the 'black leather' instrument display theme, but left the brown leather...which is rather odd considering you can only get black leather interiors. They have also revamped the 12" display, navigation, images, fonts, etc. and it looks like you took a modern website and rolled it back to windows 95 :cautious:. It's bad, and shocking they allowed the change.

That was enough, we give up. A poor quality issue truck with a subsequent damaged and then this poorly thought out, option removed package truck as possible replacements have us now pursuing our money back (you statisticians work out the odds of three quality failures to the same buyer over a 1-1/4 year, and what that means), and since we want a truck, we're considering the F-word.

How big of a deal is that? My Husbands family have been Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge people since the 1920s. His father brought plastic to Chrysler in the early 60s, and he has designed equipment that has built their vehicles since the 80s while exclusively purchasing and reselling old CPD muscle cars, and the number of CPD products bought and owned over the years are uncountable. This is after we've owned higher end 2014, 2016, 2019, and 2021 Rams. So, we're kinda good customers.

So yeah...if we're considering the F-word, we're disappointed. This has nothing to do with 'supply' but profits.

K2

Last edited:

KurtLaf

Reaction score
To find out what is contained in your Level II package, ask MD for a "Detailed POC". I requested one and it doe snot show the rear reclining seat or rear heated seat.
1657907758097.png

Users who are viewing this thread