5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 Orders

Reaction score
Any news on ordering times? I just ordered my 2022 1500 Limited with the 10th anniversary addition package. Am I looking at 3 months or more like 6?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any news on ordering times? I just ordered my 2022 1500 Limited with the 10th anniversary addition package. Am I looking at 3 months or more like 6?
$64,000 question! No one really can predict turn around time. At least not anyone outside of the Stellantis "brain" trust! I use the term "brain" loosely.

usedup

Reaction score
How long after you order can you reasonably expect to see the vin number?

usedup

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Ordered mine on 10/22 and salesman said he'd notify me when he received the VIN #. No hurry, I'm driving their vehicle until the new one shows up. My '21 Limited will last until the new one shows up.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should be within a few days
Ditto! No more than a few days to a week. But it also has to do with what allocations your dealer has. This is my understanding, an order goes let's say on the 15th and the dealer has already used up his allocation for that month they can't put the order in until the next month. If this isn't correct I'm sure someone will correct me!

truckless

Reaction score
I'm going on 4 weeks since ordering without a VIN. (Calgary Canada)

I hear ya. I ordered out of Leduc.

Just got told again today... "Won't be long". If it takes this long just so get a number...

Last edited:

djimage

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new here I ordered my 22' Ram Big Horn on Sept.11 I got my vin number but no update in a month has been in D status which is firm schedule to build.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new here I ordered my 22' Ram Big Horn on Sept.11 I got my vin number but no update in a month has been in D status which is firm schedule to build.
Sounds about right unfortunately. PM @Eighty with your VIN and he can get you added to the tracker and let you know once the build sheet and then window sheet pop up

dlakeman

Reaction score
I "ordered" my Ram 2500 at the beginning of last month from the dealer's anticipated incoming inventory. Truck arrived at the dealer from the factory in a week. Dealer sent me pics and said I could pick it up or they would ship it to me. I picked it up. Profile.jpg

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I "ordered" my Ram 2500 at the beginning of last month from the dealer's anticipated incoming inventory. Truck arrived at the dealer from the factory in a week. Dealer sent me pics and said I could pick it up or they would ship it to me. I picked it up. View attachment 110739
What trans is in there? My friend is trying to order a 2500 with the cummins/aisin trans and was told 8-12 weeks

chainsaw

Reaction score
Ordered my Limited on evening of Nov 4th. Received my VIN next morning. Was in a D status that day. No update as of yet. I think my kids are about as stoked as I am about the new truck. Ordered it in Delmonico Red (same as my 2019) with the Night Edition, 4x4, multifunction tailgate, 33gal tank, level 1 group, 3.92, with Hemi (no e torque).

I know there used to be the VOTS (vehicle order tracking system) that consumers could use to track the progress. My understanding is that it is no longer in use, and that Stellantis is working on another system similar to that, and it might be available sometime in ‘22 for consumers to use. Has anyone else seen or heard of any type of tracking for us to use at the current moment, to avoid calling dealerships for updates?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered my Limited on evening of Nov 4th. Received my VIN next morning. Was in a D status that day. No update as of yet. I think my kids are about as stoked as I am about the new truck. Ordered it in Delmonico Red (same as my 2019) with the Night Edition, 4x4, multifunction tailgate, 33gal tank, level 1 group, 3.92, with Hemi (no e torque).

I know there used to be the VOTS (vehicle order tracking system) that consumers could use to track the progress. My understanding is that it is no longer in use, and that Stellantis is working on another system similar to that, and it might be available sometime in ‘22 for consumers to use. Has anyone else seen or heard of any type of tracking for us to use at the current moment, to avoid calling dealerships for updates?
I've been hearing that something has been in the works ever since they pulled VOTS. The only things we have are ram chat, dealer, and @Eighty and @triple_B on the hunt for build sheets and window stickers. If you haven't already, get added to the tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread