5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2022 Limited EcoDiesel delivered with non-working heater

Reaction score
I noticed tonight that my new 2022 Limited EcoDiesel was delivered with no functioning cabin heat. I drove 15-20 miles with the heater cranked up to 84° (temp outside was 50°) and the air blowing from the vents never felt warm. I’ll have the dealer service it but am curious if anybody has any ideas what the root cause might be? I’ve never had a heater not work in a vehicle—I thought it was the simplest part of the climate control system. Blower is fine, just no warmth getting into the system whatsoever. Kinda stunned the truck shipped to me like this—it’s like the factory didn’t test the heater. I know diesels take longer to heat up but I drove considerable distance and time with not the faintest warmth in the blower air.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know what the cause of your problem is, but i’ll give an example of some thing I have experienced:

I was once working as a auto tech in my family business. There was a vehicle that came in for overheating. Someone sold them a new radiator, water pump, and every hose under the hood. I checked water pump function- it was fine. I assumed that it was an air pocket or something, so I proceeded with that. After a couple hours of cussing at it, I started pulling things apart. Turned out that there was a manufacturing defect with the radiator and the molded radiator outlet was completely sealed shut.

I’m not saying that’s the case with yours. The probability that yours is electrical or some human error with prep is much higher.

Reaction score
I made an appointment with the dealer service (unfortunately, they are booking 5 weeks out). A little disappointing the heat apparently didn’t get tested before the truck was shipped. I hope and suspect it might be a thermostat or other simple electrical fix. The only way to stay warm for now is to use the seat heater and steering wheel heat functions. Will report back here after root cause is determine around mid-June. Love the truck other than this issue!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing you could do is find every electrical connector you can underneath the dash and make sure they are all snapped in all the way. This would involve taking things apart like the underpanels and pulling the infotainment screen out a little bit. A step further than that is get a OBD reader that can read all systems and see if there’s any body control module (BCM) codes

Reaction score
Update: I had to wait about 7 weeks for the dealer service department to take the truck in, and they finally discovered that the heater hose was delivered from the factory with a kink in it, so no heat was being delivered to the cabin. They replaced the hose and some radiator fluid and the cabin has heat now.

Users who are viewing this thread