5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Rebel

gbertram14

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2021 Rebel last week. I have a couple of questions for anything who might know. First, do you know if the factory setting without air suspension will sit higher than my GMC sierra all terrain with a 2" level in it? Second, i keep seeing the tow mirrors being confirmed for the 2021, does that mean it is an option or it comes stock? When i ordered my Rebel, the salesman didn't know much about them but they are looking to get them added if they don't already come on it. Thanks

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2021 Rebel last week. I have a couple of questions for anything who might know. First, do you know if the factory setting without air suspension will sit higher than my GMC sierra all terrain with a 2" level in it? Second, i keep seeing the tow mirrors being confirmed for the 2021, does that mean it is an option or it comes stock? When i ordered my Rebel, the salesman didn't know much about them but they are looking to get them added if they don't already come on it. Thanks
Are you talking about the new power folding trailer tow mirrors? Those are a $445 option and don't come standard with the new trailer tow group.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can tell you the measurements on my 2020 Rebel, and you can compare to your GMC. These were all measured ground to fender at the center of the wheel well. I am assuming the 2021's will be the same since they're not changing the suspension.

Before 2" level in front:
Front - 37.75"
Rear - 40.5" passenger, 39.75" driver

After 2" level:
Front - 39.75"

Added Timber Grove Airbags and a 1/2" spacer only on driver rear:
Front - 39.5"
Rear - 40.75" both sides

The airbags lifted the rear about 1/4-1/2" because you need to keep a little bit of pressure in them for suspension travel.

gbertram14

Reaction score
I can tell you the measurements on my 2020 Rebel, and you can compare to your GMC. These were all measured ground to fender at the center of the wheel well. I am assuming the 2021's will be the same since they're not changing the suspension.

Before 2" level in front:
Front - 37.75"

After 2" level:
Front - 39.75"

Added Timber Grove Airbags and a 1/2" spacer only on driver rear:
Front - 39.5"
Rear - 40.75" both sides

The airbags lifted the rear about 1/4-1/2" because you need to keep a little bit of pressure in them for suspension travel.
Thanks for the info! Looks like my Sierra with the 2" level has 38.75" in the front and back.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
FYI - On the 2019-2020 models, the tow mirrors delete the 360 surround view camera and they are not power fold. If this is something you care about, than you may want to change it. Not sure if the 2021s come with the "good" TT mirrors that the HD models have. Hopefully they now do.

Cheers,

Tagaru

Reaction score
urgent help needed.
I am trying to order a 2021 Rebel 4x4 5'7" (today or tomorrow)
can I order it with the following packages below? Do any of these conflict with each other? I was able to configure this both on nadaguides.com and Costco Auto.
One of the dealers says Comfort/Convenience Group and Trailer Tow Group cannot be speced together.
  1. Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
  2. Comfort/Convenience Group
  3. Bed Utility Group
  4. Technology Group
  5. Trailer Tow Group
  6. Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  7. Advanced Safety Group
  8. Rebel 12
  9. 4-Corner Air Suspension
  10. Rear Wheelhouse Liners
  11. Black Power-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors
  12. Spray-in Bedliner
  13. Black Tubular Side Steps
  14. Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
thanks!

awpratt79

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 With the trailer tow group and was disappointed that for 2019 and 2020 the tow mirrors are not power folding as the were on my 2017. I've been told that the 2021s will again have the power folding tow mirrors, but have not had this confirmed yet. If this is true I will definitely upgrade to the power folding option. If anyone has information on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 With the trailer tow group and was disappointed that for 2019 and 2020 the tow mirrors are not power folding as the were on my 2017. I've been told that the 2021s will again have the power folding tow mirrors, but have not had this confirmed yet. If this is true I will definitely upgrade to the power folding option. If anyone has information on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Power folding mirrors are back in 2021 as a $445 MSRP option.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
urgent help needed.
I am trying to order a 2021 Rebel 4x4 5'7" (today or tomorrow)
can I order it with the following packages below? Do any of these conflict with each other? I was able to configure this both on nadaguides.com and Costco Auto.
One of the dealers says Comfort/Convenience Group and Trailer Tow Group cannot be speced together.
  1. Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
  2. Comfort/Convenience Group
  3. Bed Utility Group
  4. Technology Group
  5. Trailer Tow Group
  6. Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  7. Advanced Safety Group
  8. Rebel 12
  9. 4-Corner Air Suspension
  10. Rear Wheelhouse Liners
  11. Black Power-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors
  12. Spray-in Bedliner
  13. Black Tubular Side Steps
  14. Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
thanks!
It's true about Comfort/convenience option conflicting with the new trailer tow group.

awpratt79

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread