5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Rebel Day!

coolidge

Reaction score
Yeah, happy new Ram Rebel day to me! Finally after a multi-year wait, had to have LED headlights and red interior DELETE. Been shopping seriously for about 6 months but very low inventory in my area custom order wait time seemed uncertain. Then out of the blue this week my dealer got this one in optioned almost perfectly for me. Pulled the trigger Friday during the black Friday sale.

- Heads up display. Yeah targeting Prius in HUD, I got tone Fox 2 (pewshoo). But seriously really liking the heads up display.
- Interior WOW.
- Quality of the screens and resolution vs my 2017 F350 6.7 WOW.
- This Rebel has my traded in F350 crushed in every category. Brakes night and day difference. Seat comfort. LED headlights. Love how short this Rebel is vs my F350 long bed.

Loves
- Instant get up and go throttle response, no more diesel dead pedal.
- The 12 inch display is fantastic and I had every intention of NOT ordering it so I'm glad to have it now.
- Great lay out of controls. Larger icons on the touch screen are a fit for my man sized hands.
- No more pressing the Ford touch screen 3-4 times to get it to activate the Rebel touch screen performance is great.
- Love just about everything in the interior. The layout of all the controls seems perfect for me.
- Yes even the round shift nob I had deemed not manly. After 4 years of yanking on the F350 column shifter I'm over it, love the Rebel round shift nob.

Dislikes
- The fancy camera rear view mirror is a bust. If you need to wear reading glasses then forget it, the camera image is fuzzy without them. Second because it's also a regular mirror the surface is highly reflective. I see both the camera image AND a reflected image together at different focal lengths which is quite distracting. Fortunately I put this gadget into normal auto-dimming mirror mode and it's perfect, clear, crisp proving if it aint broke don't fix it. Should the day come where something in the truck bed is obstructing my rear view then I guess its good to have the camera mode at the ready.

Annoyances
- The seat belt winder chirps like a bird. If you shift in the seat and it draws out a little more seat belt then chirp.
- On the drive home once I got off the interstate I had a wicked rattle not there during the test drive arrrgh!. You know those spring door stops in your house, flick one it sounded like that quite loud. Coming from the dash or overhead console. Long story short the next day near the point of being discouraged I looked up and yeah neither sun visor was clipped into its holder poof rattle gone phew! I guess the new deliver prep guy forgot to clip them back in.

myr01.jpg

myr02.jpg

myr03.jpg

myr04.jpg

antwon412

Reaction score
Nice truck!

Im the opposite - I wish I could have MORE red in my interior. I would love the additional red on the seat backs and sides with the upgraded all leather seats on my Rebel 12 package.

Sterno90

Reaction score
No red accents in the interior yet it has silver accents on the front? That is neat I thought the black interior was only available on the Night Edition.
Congratulations on the Truck. I can not wait until I can order mine. yes I am going to order it as I want my RAM to be exactly what I want. If I am going to be paying for it I do not want to settle. Your truck looks great again congratulations.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, congrats!
Looks like they finally got rid of the ginormous R A M logo on the tail gate for the 2021 Rebels, never a fan of that.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck!

Im the opposite - I wish I could have MORE red in my interior. I would love the additional red on the seat backs and sides with the upgraded all leather seats on my Rebel 12 package.
I actually like the in between they did in 2020 with no red seat backs, but red on the doors/accents. That's what I have in mine, and I love it. Gives it just enough pop when you're sitting in it or open a door.

Sterno90

Reaction score
Looks like they finally got rid of the ginormous R A M logo on the tail gate for the 2021 Rebels, never a fan of that.
That is only because he has the MFT. If you have the MFT you get the Ram Head badge. With no MFT you get R A M on the tailgate. It is tail gate dependent not year dependent.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is only because he has the MFT. If you have the MFT you get the Ram Head badge. With no MFT you get R A M on the tailgate. It is tail gate dependent not year dependent.
Did not know that, thx.

coolidge

Reaction score
No red accents in the interior yet it has silver accents on the front? That is neat I thought the black interior was only available on the Night Edition.
Congratulations on the Truck. I can not wait until I can order mine. yes I am going to order it as I want my RAM to be exactly what I want. If I am going to be paying for it I do not want to settle. Your truck looks great again congratulations.

The only thing I got I didn't want is the moon roof. Wanted the Rebel steps, rear wheel well liners, and mud flaps but ordered them at the parts counter. I 'thought' I did not want the 12 inch display and multi-function tailgate but really like them so in a way buying off the lot saved me from making that mistake with a custom order.

coolidge

Reaction score

Yeah I'm not a fan of the giant RAM logo on the tailgate. It's a tailgate not a billboard.

coolidge

Reaction score
Also just noticed...the Rebel has no antenna sticking up 30 inches in the air, brilliant! Man I was tired of my F350's scraping and having to R&R it for the carwash.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yeah I'm not a fan of the giant RAM logo on the tailgate. It's a tailgate not a billboard.

No, the "RAM" tailgate logos are still there, just not for the multi-tailgate equipped Rebels because of how the letters would get divided by the division between the two tailgate sections.

So for only those Rebels, they use a Ramhead like the rest of the lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread