5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Ram 1500 owner

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself to you all. I just bought a Ram 1500 2021 model Bighorn with some options. Also have a 2007 1500 with just over 100000 miles and a plow on it. Both are 5.7 Hemis. I am a retired auto mechanic with 42 years experience. An ASE and Nissan mastertech.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself to you all. I just bought a Ram 1500 2021 model Bighorn with some options. Also have a 2007 1500 with just over 100000 miles and a plow on it. Both are 5.7 Hemis. I am a retired auto mechanic with 42 years experience. An ASE and Nissan mastertech.
Good luck with the new Bighorn. They've come a long way since 07.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Good luck with the new Bighorn. They've come a long way since 07.
They certainly have. My 07 has been and still is a great truck. Just used it again today for hauling furniture for my son. The new Ram is my luxury cruiser lol. No heavy duty work except maybe towing a travel trailer.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
They certainly have. My 07 has been and still is a great truck. Just used it again today for hauling furniture for my son. The new Ram is my luxury cruiser lol. No heavy duty work except maybe towing a travel trailer.
I understand the luxury cruiser for sure. I traded my 2007 F150 with low mileage and in superior condition with 1 exception. Couldn't keep paint on the aluminum hood and Ford wouldn't stand behind it because it "didn't have perfection through the metal".
That's when I turned to RAM for a 2017 Big Horn, then a 2019, and mid March a 2021 Big Horn. Both trades were under 10k miles and both "garage queens". With discounts and incentives I recovered what I paid for both trade ins (excluding tax, tags and doc fees). The low mileage is because I split driving between 4 daily drivers. I have found the 1500 to be the most comfortable and it's the most fun to drive. Have been able to consistently average 24 mpg primarily through the flat Jersey pines on 150 mile round trips with very little city. Holding my breath on the MPG with the new
e-torque🤞

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
I understand the luxury cruiser for sure. I traded my 2007 F150 with low mileage and in superior condition with 1 exception. Couldn't keep paint on the aluminum hood and Ford wouldn't stand behind it because it "didn't have perfection through the metal".
That's when I turned to RAM for a 2017 Big Horn, then a 2019, and mid March a 2021 Big Horn. Both trades were under 10k miles and both "garage queens". With discounts and incentives I recovered what I paid for both trade ins (excluding tax, tags and doc fees). The low mileage is because I split driving between 4 daily drivers. I have found the 1500 to be the most comfortable and it's the most fun to drive. Have been able to consistently average 24 mpg primarily through the flat Jersey pines on 150 mile round trips with very little city. Holding my breath on the MPG with the new
e-torque🤞
I hear you. I sort of settled for the one I got because their weren't any with the all the options I wanted. I wanted the zero percent financing and if I ordered one there was no guaranty they would offer it. I'm not complaining though, I love the new truck! But I went out to get the Hybrid Ford F150 with the 7.2 KW generator built in and drove the Ram, No comparison!

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
I hear you. I sort of settled for the one I got because their weren't any with the all the options I wanted. I wanted the zero percent financing and if I ordered one there was no guaranty they would offer it. I'm not complaining though, I love the new truck! But I went out to get the Hybrid Ford F150 with the 7.2 KW generator built in and drove the Ram, No comparison!
We walked a similar path. I really liked the Ford 2.7 turbo and thought maybe, just maybe....then read the bad experiences with the new design and that was that. Burned once was enough for me. With no dealer or FOMOCO manufacturers support right back to RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread