5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Laramie random things that I've noticed.

bocco

Reaction score
My last new vehicle was a 2000 Expedition. I guess times have changed. I've noticed a few things just looking under the hood.

I can't find a dipstick to check the tranny fluid. Is it a sealed deal?

No power steering pump. Is it electric? If so I like not having to check that fluid. Also one less pully on the serpentine belt.

There is something I can't identify hanging off of the drivers side of the motor just behind the dipstick. It has a vacuum line that tees into the vacuum line to the power brake diaphragm. Vacuum pump? Vacuum sensor?

The fan is electric. Makes changing the belt easier.

Almost 4 weeks in and loving the truck.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last new vehicle was a 2000 Expedition. I guess times have changed. I've noticed a few things just looking under the hood.

I can't find a dipstick to check the tranny fluid. Is it a sealed deal?

No power steering pump. Is it electric? If so I like not having to check that fluid. Also one less pully on the serpentine belt.

There is something I can't identify hanging off of the drivers side of the motor just behind the dipstick. It has a vacuum line that tees into the vacuum line to the power brake diaphragm. Vacuum pump? Vacuum sensor?

The fan is electric. Makes changing the belt easier.

Almost 4 weeks in and loving the truck.

Yes Sealed Tran and electric steering motor. Pay attention at oil changes because a lazy tech will spill oil in that area and it will look like you have a leak. Make sure they wipe it all down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread