5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 1500 Quad 5.7 Hemi non eTorque

DTN

Reaction score
Hey all

New member here from Tennessee with a new ram truck. I traded in my 2003 Ram 2500 with the 5.7 hemi which gave me years of good service. I thought I would need another 2500 for towing boats and tractors but was pleased to see the new 1500s have more towing capability than when I bought in 2003.

Glad to be a member and look forward to some good truck talk.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes they do and as long as it's not towing north of 9000# wet, you should be ok with a proper WDH.
Welcome!
Tell us about your new truck and how it compared with the 03'!

DTN

Reaction score
The reason I bought my 2500 in 2003 was because I also bought a pocket cruiser that weighs ~8000# fully loaded. The new 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and 3.92 axle is rated max towing at ~11000#. The other trailers I tow are less weight than the cruiser (pontoon, tractor, dump) except that the dump trailer can hold up to 10000# max, but I never get near that.

I'm still learning the new bells and whistles in the new truck. Its a big horn 4x4 with many options like class IV hitch, Uconnect 8.4" NAV, trailer brake control, remote start, power this and that, and much more. I keep learning new features it has like HD radio which is cool as long as I'm near a station that broadcasts HD radio. Not much of that here in country side though.
The old truck was the slt with not much electronic systems like the new truck. The thing I like in both is the 5.7 hemi. That is one hell of an engine, powerful and reliable. The new one has the MDS that I wasn't looking for but no choice on that. If I don't like it I will defeat it. But I need more miles on it to determine if I want to use it or not. Actually I have only driven the truck home from the dealership which was about a week ago. We were hit with the polar vortex winter ice/snow storm this week so bad driving conditions and we even lost power for a day so I'm waiting for better weather.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new truck.

Reactions: DTN

Users who are viewing this thread