5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Rebel wanders on road

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What a fustercluck. The Sales Manager going against his own people is such a bad look.

salmonbum

Reaction score
What a fustercluck. The Sales Manager going against his own people is such a bad look.
Told him someone is lying. Either its him or the other 3 guys that say its unsafe.... ya know the same guys that called FCA for help it's so bad.

But in all fairness the SM says he will get me out of truck, but wants to put me in another Ram. Problem is Quad Rebels are hard to comeby and I'm on borrowed time as it is.

RebelKatyTX

Reaction score
I traded in my 2015 Silverado LTZ 2WD for my 2019 Rebel. My Rebel rides great and feels solid without any drift at all. My tire pressure was at 58PSI and yesterday I woke to find I had run over a nail and the front drivers side was down to 33PSI. I didn’t have time to mess with airing up the tire as I had a meeting to make and drove 45 minutes at highway speed. I couldn’t tell a difference in handling! I was very alert as I knew the potential risk of driving with a front tire at a lower pressure but no handling issues were experienced. I LOVE my Rebel and while I occasionally miss my Silverado’s 6.2L power (and BETTER fuel mileage than my Rebel) I would recommend the Rebel to anyone!

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Is this on a rebel? This truck wallows through corners, compared to my lowered S4, but it handles exactly how I feel a lifted TRUCK on large tires would. These ride smooth and comfortable, but they're not racecars... They're 7k lbs of metal. Why is everyone trying to get it to car levels of handling? Buy a car for that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I have a few cars for that, thank you very much. Everything can be improved and the Hellwig RSB is a killer mod at a low price. If that's not your thing don't do it. You'll never know what your missing and will lead a happy life just the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
I have a few cars for that, thank you very much. Everything can be improved and the Hellwig RSB is a killer mod at a low price. If that's not your thing don't do it. You'll never know what your missing and will lead a happy life just the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sorry, not judging. I just feel like tightening the swaybar defeats the purpose of a rebel's suspension, which is to articulate and move. I would miss the articulation and movement of the suspension if I tightened it up... It actually needs loosening, in my opinion. Now, a stiffer sway coupled to a disconnect kit would be perfection.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Something is wrong. After you air pressure adjustment, head to the dealer. I'd suggest going for a ride with someone from the service dept so you are sure they understand the issue.

salmonbum

Reaction score
Something is wrong. After you air pressure adjustment, head to the dealer. I'd suggest going for a ride with someone from the service dept so you are sure they understand the issue.
The ride with SA and salesman has already happened. With that, I did some digging and may have stumbled onto something. I have always thought there are 2 variables causing this issue, one being the pressure. 2nd is the compound of rubber for the 3 peak mountain rating. My guys that put DTs on other trucks said they had squirming until the tires went thru a couple heat cycles, which could take 3k miles. The dealer did air down to placard specs and said its noticeably better. Now give em a few miles and see what happens. I also opened a case with Goodyear and they said they will replace tires if wander doesnt subside.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 variables causing this issue, one being the pressure. 2nd is the compound of rubber for the 3 peak mountain rating.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread and i'm glad to hear that you've come to the same conclusion - I support this as I've been through BFGK02's which reacted the same way. It took at least 1k or more for the tires to be less squirmy. After 12500 on the truck, on duratracs, my confidence in cornering and handling bumpy terrain at spead is much higher. For the first 6mo I'd drive the caution limit through corners

Moose1979

Reaction score
The ride with SA and salesman has already happened. With that, I did some digging and may have stumbled onto something. I have always thought there are 2 variables causing this issue, one being the pressure. 2nd is the compound of rubber for the 3 peak mountain rating. My guys that put DTs on other trucks said they had squirming until the tires went thru a couple heat cycles, which could take 3k miles. The dealer did air down to placard specs and said its noticeably better. Now give em a few miles and see what happens. I also opened a case with Goodyear and they said they will replace tires if wander doesnt subside.

You ever get to the bottom of the issue? was it the tires themselves, air or something else? I have 9k on mine now and it seems to be getting worse. Im leveling it with Kings and putting 35 nittos on it shortly but i was curious if there was ever a conclusion. I have the Hellwig RSB already on it. I think its the tires. Never been a fan of Goodyears

Kxlexus

Reaction score
You ever get to the bottom of the issue? was it the tires themselves, air or something else? I have 9k on mine now and it seems to be getting worse. Im leveling it with Kings and putting 35 nittos on it shortly but i was curious if there was ever a conclusion. I have the Hellwig RSB already on it. I think its the tires. Never been a fan of Goodyears
Where did you find a set of King coilovers for a 5th gen Ram? How much for the set?

Moose1979

Reaction score
Where did you find a set of King coilovers for a 5th gen Ram? How much for the set?

Call King to verify part numbers I think for 2019 5th gens they are 25001-209A and 210A its the OEM performance 2" (max 3") lift in front with reservoirs and adjusters. $1900 fronts $1250 rears.. I bought them through off road warehouse.

traymo

Reaction score
I can’t imagine this would cause that big of a problem, but I believe the rears require 5lbs less. Check the door sticker to confirm. Lots of complaints about dealers over inflating the duratracs while prepping the truck on this forum.
Yep. When I picked up my Rebel last month, they were all set to 62lbs. Definitely not what the door sticker says.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I didn't like the feel of the Rebel when I bought mine because of the Wranglers they put on. They are a severe offroad tire, should not be expected to perform great at highway speeds. I changed mine out soon after purchase and put Nitto Terra Grapplers on and I don't have any issues of wandering anymore. Plus I don't run near the tire pressure as stated on the doors. I run about 40 in the front and 30-32 in the rear on a 2019 Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread