5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Rebel wanders on road

salmonbum

Reaction score
Hello all. New to forum. I just got a new rebel Thursday and after driving it a few days I am a bit disappointed on how this trucks wanders all over the road. You constantly have to correct with steering wheel. I'm not sure if it's the tires or an issue with the truck, but the 2017 Laramie I have parked next to it is rock solid straight as an arrow. This rebel is almost scary to drive. Anyone else experience this? It's going back to purchasing dealer tomorrow. If they tell me its "normal", I am leaving the truck there as its unsafe to drive.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I hope they fix it....that sounds like it would drive me nuts. It's got to be the Alignment.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
A little over 15,000 miles on my Rebel and still drives straight as an arrow and better than my 15 Sierra All Terrain. Something must not be right, or if they tell you otherwise ask to test drive another Rebel on the lot. I assure you that it’s not normal.

salmonbum

Reaction score
Good to hear yours is driving normal. Tells me it's not the characteristics of the duratracs.

I'm not sure if they have another rebel there. They had to go 375 miles one way to get mine.

Problem is I dont have time for them to lollygaggle around if they dont figure it out right away. This truck is going to be taken to Colorado in a week or so to be my truck down there.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I can’t imagine this would cause that big of a problem, but I believe the rears require 5lbs less. Check the door sticker to confirm. Lots of complaints about dealers over inflating the duratracs while prepping the truck on this forum.

salmonbum

Reaction score
Just checked the sticker. Fronts 55 lbs, rear 45 lbs. The tires themselves are 80 lb max. I cannot see the rear tires being high causing my isssue.

Guys that trucks are going straight, can you please check your pressures? That way I have some info to pass along to dealer.

ErraticRebel

Reaction score
Actually sounds like a sloppy steering rack. Not enough pressure causes need for extra driver input.

Asked about tires first cause if for whatever reason they were in the 30s it would do the same thing.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I felt that twitch as well even after airing down a little more, that will help but it still was not great. Your not wanting to hear this but it’s the stagger from factory as the rear axle is narrower than the front it helps the truck turn in faster but I feel contributes to what your observing.
My fix and feel it looks better as well was 2” spacer on rear and 1 1/2 on front made rear track slightly wider planted truck on road twitch gone. I used Bora spacers.
4FF9EED2-703F-4194-995F-8697D6167AE4.jpeg DF72B383-CBC2-474F-ADD5-1B5A3F6EB1BB.jpeg C896595D-BBCD-41D9-8C49-1CC7F4266FD8.jpeg
As you can see the sidewall is only poke. Good luck

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Lower your tire pressures. Fronts at 55 rears at 45. You’ll thank me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Yep. I had the same issue. Sketchy as *** on the highway. All were close to 60. Once I dropped to 55/45 the thing rode like a caddy on the highway. No more sketchy sway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
Just checked the sticker. Fronts 55 lbs, rear 45 lbs. The tires themselves are 80 lb max. I cannot see the rear tires being high causing my isssue.

Guys that trucks are going straight, can you please check your pressures? That way I have some info to pass along to dealer.

I got mine at 68-69psi all 4 corners. Aired down to sticker (I do tow/haul), and I'm at 55F / 45R cold. Rises to about 58-60 front / 47-50 rear during highway driving. Much better ride from that initial PSI from dealer.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I just checked and I too am ridding the sticker recommendation of 55/45 cold. My thoughts are go ahead and give it a try, nothing to loose but air

Users who are viewing this thread