5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new 2019 ram 5.7. What should I do/ look out for?

zacram

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn with 29k miles and want to know what I should look out for (heard rear windows may have water leaks) or anything i can do for longevity or fuel mileage. Also want to know what people do in terms of upgrades, whether its a leveling kit, bigger connect screen, or a sweet pair of truck nuts. What did you guys do for longevity performance or just style?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well first welcome to the forum and please include in your signature what came with your truck. This in turn will allow us to suggest things based upon what you currently have to accent it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, congrats on new ride and agree with above^^^^^. Do some reading... there is lots of it. Many of us do many different things to our trucks.

I said read stuff first/search, cause it’s your truck do what you want to it. There will always be bad with the good & good with the bad so to speak.

zacram

Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking of a center console safe, and also wondering if any products are out there for the center console to stop stuff from sliding around on that hard plastic. Any help there would be great.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lookout for potholes, Deer, pedestrians, and Jehovah Witnesses.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Ram Bighorn with 29k miles and want to know what I should look out for (heard rear windows may have water leaks) or anything i can do for longevity or fuel mileage. Also want to know what people do in terms of upgrades, whether its a leveling kit, bigger connect screen, or a sweet pair of truck nuts. What did you guys do for longevity performance or just style?
It depends on the build date. The earlier builds had a number of issues. Besides brake moan when backing, the rear water leaks appear to have two sources; 1) water leaking caused by a poor seal at the third brake light (CHMSL) gasket, and 2) cracked upper rear window frames due to a manufacturing defect (I think this problem only applies to sliding rear windows). Some complaints of wind noise.

Most of the other notable issues seem to be centered around the 12 inch Uconnect screen.

Best of luck with your new ride.

Regards,
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031650 miles.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. I wouldn't necessarily look for anything. Just enjoy the truck and if something comes up the forum has many topics you can learn from and we are here to support each other with our own experiences as well. Post pics, engage with other postings here and most of all have fun!

heydre

Reaction score
Keep an eye out for admirers of your new wheels after you realize it's not you...

Users who are viewing this thread