5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Ram 1500 sucks

boese1978

Reaction score
Bought a 2019 Ram 1500 classic. Truck often will not go in D with the shifter knob. It moves to D but is not in gear, give it a little gas and watch the RPM's increase but it will not move then all of a sudden it will LAUNCH into gear, totally unsafe and dealer and FCA are clueless. And of ZERO help. Read online that this is happening to many. Took truck back to dealer and was asked very flippantly " do you know how to use the knob? we could find nothing wrong" never mind this is my 3rd ( and my last) Ram 1500. I have a video of this happening, they were not interested, guess they'll wait until there is an accident or death and get sued. VERY UNSAFE!!!!! if someone or something was in front of the truck they / it would be hit and run over. I asked me dealer to acknowledge in writing that they have been alerted to this issue so the onus lies with them, still no reply. The other part that REALLY sucks is the customer service at the dealer, the Chrysler Forums and the 5thgen forums. Admin always responds with "contact us via PM to esacalate" they have not given me access to PM so here I sit. Also reposted on the forums begging for admin to contact me, been days. Really nice!!! IF ANY OF YOU SITE ADMINS SEE THIS I WANT HELP!!!!!!AND I WANT MY TRUCK FIXED!!!!! 50K FOR A TRUCK THAT CAN'T BE TRUSTED, YEAH RIGHT......

boese1978

Reaction score
Me again, if any other long time users or??? know how to get my posts to a admin person I'd be grateful for any help.

Truckin

Reaction score
Have you been able to demonstrate this to the dealer? How often does it happen? Are you sure when it does happen, it is not because you were in a hurry, started and put into drive before fully shutting the drivers door?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a 2019 Ram 1500 classic. Truck often will not go in D with the shifter knob. It moves to D but is not in gear, give it a little gas and watch the RPM's increase but it will not move then all of a sudden it will LAUNCH into gear, totally unsafe and dealer and FCA are clueless. And of ZERO help. Read online that this is happening to many. Took truck back to dealer and was asked very flippantly " do you know how to use the knob? we could find nothing wrong" never mind this is my 3rd ( and my last) Ram 1500. I have a video of this happening, they were not interested, guess they'll wait until there is an accident or death and get sued. VERY UNSAFE!!!!! if someone or something was in front of the truck they / it would be hit and run over. I asked me dealer to acknowledge in writing that they have been alerted to this issue so the onus lies with them, still no reply. The other part that REALLY sucks is the customer service at the dealer, the Chrysler Forums and the 5thgen forums. Admin always responds with "contact us via PM to esacalate" they have not given me access to PM so here I sit. Also reposted on the forums begging for admin to contact me, been days. Really nice!!! IF ANY OF YOU SITE ADMINS SEE THIS I WANT HELP!!!!!!AND I WANT MY TRUCK FIXED!!!!! 50K FOR A TRUCK THAT CAN'T BE TRUSTED, YEAH RIGHT......

"contact us via PM to esacalate" they have not given me access to PM so here I sit." You don't have access to send a Private Message to Ram Cares? This isn't a Ram or Fiat sponsored site, just a group of people who own these vehicles so Admins are not Ram or FCA people. Sounds like it is time to take it to a different dealer if they aren't of any assistance. Also since you are a 4th Gen Owner is there a group chat there that maybe has more information about help on escalating or fixing this issue on their pages?

Rustydodge

Reaction score

Do you have your seat belt buckled and doors closed? Truck will have the auto parking brake set if you do not, which would result in the issues you are describing.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This site has no affiliation with Dodge, RAM, Chrysler, Jeep, FIAT or FCA.

This is a forum for owners of 5th Generation RAM trucks, that's all!!

You can PM anybody on this forum by tapping on their name and selecting "start conversation".

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, not really when you dont get a reply from anyone at FCA
Take care and look closely at where you are... there are many people here that can give you advice, but your lack of patience and attitude is not going to get you any help from anyone, including your dealer or FCA. There are topics here discussing issues with shifting and if you take the time to learn how this forum works you should be able to find the answers you need. Typing in all caps demanding satisfaction will just get you ignored or removed.

Best of luck to finding a solution to your problem.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would suggest that you ask to speak with the dealships FCA rep. This bypasses the dealer and allows a direct conversation with FCA. They may resist this as it makes them look bad. You can also call this number for Chrysler corporate consumers 1-800-334-9200

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online